42.

Halloween came way too sudden this year

Halloween came way too sudden this year. I haven't even had the time to make any plans. And by plans I mean finding someone to watch horror movies and eat popcorn with. Horror movies that I'll regret watching afterwards.

Instead of brooding about what Jace has planned for today's occasion for the rest of the afternoon, I decide to ask him instead. I let my iPad fall onto his bed, interrupting not only my own reading, but also his. Jace is also doing some uni work for a change.

"Jace?" I ask, nudging him gently.

"What's up?" he answers, closing his laptop slightly to look at me, since I'm laying on my stomach with my head at the end of the bed.

"Today's Halloween" I remark.

"Yeah, no shit" he chuckles at me. 

I give him an angry look, obviously joking. "Do you have any plans?" I ask him quietly.

"I didn't tell you? I'm out with Austin every year on Halloween" he says, typing away on his phone.

"Oh, okay" I say back, just as quiet as before. 

Guess I'll spend Halloween alone this year. 

"So, to a party?" I ask him, trying not to show my curiosity.

Jace closes his laptop all the way, to divert his attention towards me. He turns his body around, laying right next to me. 

"We'll see" he says, stroking my cheek with his thumb. "I'll let you know when we decide."

After the incident that happened a little while ago, Jace and I've been together constantly. Now that he wants to go out tonight without me, I feel my stomach sink right away. I remember the things he texted Jessica that night and can't help but fear that she'll be wherever the two of them end up going. Jace notices that I'm deep in thought. 

"Why don't you invite Bree over? Austin can drop her off on his way here, he's picking me up anyway" Jace suggests.

Not feeling like going to a party myself, I like the idea right away. Also, it calms my anxiety to know he'll come home to me. That won't give him the chance to bring anyone here, or go home with someone. He'd never do that in the first place, Mila. Remember that.

"You don't mind us staying in your apartment?" I ask him quietly.

"No. I'd rather know you two are safe here than have you hang out in your dorm. I'm sure Austin agrees with me" he admits.

I nod my head at him. "Okay, I'll ask her" I let him know.

Jace gives me a quick peck on my cheek. "I have to get ready" he says and disappears in the bathroom. 

He looks excited about going tonight. I don't want to ruin that for him, but I can't ignore the bad feeling I have. I think about what Jessica would wear on Halloween. Probably the tiniest of skirts with slutty tights and bunny ears, her boobs falling out of her top.  Not just her, probably every other girl on Halloween too. What if Jace gets the idea to text another girl in his phone the same things he did Jessica? He must have enough numbers in his phone to do so. Okay, stop. This is getting out of hand.