8.

The first thing I feel in the morning is the very opposite of what I felt falling asleep last night

The first thing I feel in the morning is the very opposite of what I felt falling asleep last night. My head feels heavy and the pain piercing through it is almost unbearable. I let it fall back onto the pillow and take a moment to take in where I am. 

Jace Evans' apartment. I spent the night here with him. Last night. Oh god.

Some events are blurry, but I still remember the main conversations and events. The dancing, Jace seeing me in my bra and pulling me onto his lap and his crotch. Just thinking about it makes the burn in the pit of my stomach return. 

I turn to my right to see that Jace isn't here. A quick wave of panic rushes through me, and my face starts to feel hot. He's probably around here somewhere Mila, breathe. I decide to distract myself and check my phone to see if I have any messages.

Don't wait up on me,  spending the night at Austin's. Wink Wink. I laugh at Bree's text, and I'm glad that she doesn't know that I also didn't spend the night in our dorm. 

The next one's from my mom. I hope you have a great time! I wish you all the best for your classes tomorrow! I send a quick reply to both and start to wonder where Jace is. 

The apartment is quiet, he's still nowhere to be seen. The anxiety in me makes me worry that he just left me here, and expects me to do the same. 

I get up from bed and go into the bathroom, to change into my clothes from last night. More and more things I said and did yesterday come back to me. I feel like a complete different person again. I'm sure the first interaction with Jace will be a little uncomfortable. The worst part is that he was sober the whole time. He still knows everything, probably doesn't have any regrets.  Not that I do, I'm just embarrassed. That's all.

I put on my clothes from yesterday with a cringy feeling and look forward to my shower later. I decide to leave Jace's shirt on. 

Opening the door again, I'm surprised to see that Jace is standing by the kitchen table, unpacking food from a brown paper bag. He looks like he's showered already, with hair that's still slightly wet. "Morning" he half-smiles at me.

"Hey..." I'm a little at loss for words. 

"Come sit" he says and pulls up a chair for me. "I hope you like pancakes" he adds smirking.

"You brought me breakfast?" I ask, glancing up to him.

"What, did you think I'd only get some for myself? I'm not that much of a dick" he chuckles.

"Well..." I say teasingly, while shrugging my shoulders.

"Shut up" he laughs again.

I join him and thank him for breakfast, while he puts some perfect looking pancakes on my plate, as well as his.

"How's your head feeling?" Jace smirks again, while taking a bite of his food.

"Uhm..." my cheeks get red. "Terrible actually" I can only bring out.

He stands up, goes over to a cabinet in the kitchen and comes back with a pill of aspirin. I silently thank him and swallow it.

"About last night..." I begin. "I feel really embarrassed" I admit to him.

"You don't have to be. I got to the see the fun side of Mila, I loved it" Jace smirks. 

I give him a little nudge on the shoulder.

"All of my sides are fun, okay?" I answer cheekily.

"And I can't wait to see all of them" he whispers under his breath, smiling to himself.

I heard him, but decide not to say anything. Instead I smile to myself. I have to admit, I love it when he says those things to me. I just don't have the courage to say anything back.

"How come you don't live on campus?" I make conversation, while taking the last bite of my pancake. Jace has long finished.

"My mom and I don't really have a good relationship. She cheated on my dad when I was very young and went off to marry some crazy rich guy. She pays for my car and this apartment with his money, so she feels better about herself" he explains and I'm really surprised that he'd share this with me.

"Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I don't mean to be nosy, I was just always wondering how you can afford a nice place like this in Seattle" I let him know.

"It's fine really, I don't even know what it's like to have a relationship with her. What about you, what's your relationship with your parents like?" he genuinely wants to know.

"My parents got divorced when I was six, my dad cheated on my mom with another woman. Back then we where living in California but my mom decided to move back up because her parents are here. Up to when we were 13 or 14 my sister and I would visit him every two weeks. It was a bit of a back and forth" I explain to him. 

"I have a pretty good relationship with my dad even though I barely ever get to see him now. It's been hard with him, but I do love him. I've been living with my mom ever since, up until now" I finish, wondering if I talked too much and bored him.

"What do you mean, back and forth?" Jace answers.

Of course this is the only thing he picks up on.

"Let's just say it was definitely an emotional ride" I half-smile at him, and I think he notices that I don't want to elaborate. 

I do blame those events for my panic attacks today, but that I obviously don't want to share right now.

"Enough with the tough topics, it's one pm already. Do you want me to drive you home?" Jace asks as if he's trying to get rid of me. 

"I'm sure you have a lot of organizing things to do before classes tomorrow" he adds making me feel a little better.

"If you wouldn't mind, that'd be great" I answer while grabbing my stuff. 

Although there are a lot of things I have to get done, I also wouldn't mind spending more time with Jace. I love being around him and the feelings he's giving me are indescribable.

Jace grabs his keys getting ready to go out the door, when I turn back around and remember that my blouse is still laying on Jace's bed. I walk over to it and feel Jace's stare on my skin as I slowly take off his shirt, my back towards him. I throw it on the bed and slightly reach forward to grab my blouse.

When I come back up I feel Jace's presence right behind me. He does the move he always does, pulling all of my hair from the left side over my right shoulder, leaving soft traces on my neck with his fingers. He puts his arms back down and slowly glides up my arms leaving goosebumps as he goes. 

"What are you doing?" he whispers, with his dark, raspy voice.

There it is, the touch I've been craving to feel once more before I leave. I don't even know what  I'm doing, but I love the effect I have on him sometimes. 

"I..." my mouth is so dry I have to swallow before I can talk again. "I forgot my blouse" I say quietly.

He lets out a sigh and grabs the blouse out of my hands, with a little disappointment. He slides it over my arms and ties it in the front, just like he did last night. I feel that he's giving one last glance to my chest, and normally I'd be self-conscious right away. I don't, under his stare. 

"Come on, let's go" he says and gently pulls me out of the door.

______________________________

What will happen at the dorm? 

Please remember to leave a vote :)