scene vi.i

S E P T E M B E R, 1 9 7 5

P O T I O N C L A S S

PROFESSOR SLUGHORN WAS was explaining the affects of the veritaserum when Severus decided to look over at Venus. The girl was utterly bored with the lesson, and decided to look at her nails. "I always wondered what he saw in a half breed", he said in disgust as Venus kept picking at the invisible dirt on her nails.

Not really caring for what the boy was saying.

"I suggest you shut your mouth, Snivellous", the green eyed girl spat as the boy snickered.

"You don't scare me, Lupin"

He said as she chuckled before looking back at him. The marauders had stopped fooling around and were waiting for Venus's response. The girl, who was sitting inches away from him, got closer to him.

Enough to make him back away slowly.

"Tell me, Sev, what is your boggart? Oh, right. Guess I am your greatest fear"

She stated with a snarky smirk on her face.

"Boo bitch"

The boy rolled his eyes as the girl got up to leave potions class. "Ms. Lupin, where are you going?", professor Slughorn asked as Venus smiled at the elderly man.

"I'll see you at 5 for detention. Have a good day sir", she said before walking out as the marauders laughed.

"Mr. Lupin what's gotten into your sister?", the teacher questioned as Remus sighed.

"Well, she was dating this guy who cheated on her"

"Then got engaged to the whore he cheated on her with"

"And then she found out about it at a ball in front of everyone"

He stated while counting on his fingers.

"Oh and he called her a dirty half breed when he's the one born of incest, but whatever"

"So she punched him in the face, broke his nose"

"Somehow got a brick and threw it on his head"

"Gave him a concussion and he's now in the hospital wing"

The werewolf finished as his friends chuckled softly. "When did this happen?", the potion masters questioned shocked as Sirius shrugged.

"The engagement or the brick, sir?"

"The engagement was two weeks ago and the brick was this morning"

James answered his best friend's question as the gryffindor's laughed. "That's what Malfoy gets for cheating on her", Marlene shouted from across the room as Narcissa looked down at her lap.

The girl felt quite awful for Venus but she had always been in love with Lucius.

It wasn't her fault if he chose her instead of the Lupin girl.