scene xi

M A Y, 1 9 7 6

L I B R A R Y

NOSE DEEP IN her potions book, Venus didn't even flinch when a small firework exploded in front of her.

"What the f-"

James started off before being thrown a book in the face. Falling off his chair, the boy mumbled profanities under his breath as Mr Sargon glared at them. "I think you broke my glasses", the black haired boy stated while massaging his nose.

"Shut it, Potter"

Venus spat while grabbing her notes. "Shit, those aren't the right notes", she mumbled to herself before looking up to see a boy starring at her.

Severus.

She lifted an eyebrow as he motioned her towards the back of the library.

"Yes?", Venus asked as the large nose boy looked at her up and down for a quick second.

"Slughorn says we, you and I, don't need to take the owls"

"Wait what? Why?"

She questioned as Severus shrugged. "Because we're the best in his class, he said we could brew Amortentia and he'll give us a O", the boy admitted causing her to nod.

"Okay, thank you Severus", the boy didn't even answer her before leaving.

Rolling her eyes, the brown haired girl walked back towards her seat only to find that James and Sirius had, somehow, fallen asleep.

"I was gone 30 seconds", she said causing her twin brother to chuckle.

The Lupin twins simply went back to studying for their upcoming owls as James and Sirius caught some zzz's.

"That's it, I just have to accept that I'm going to fail Astronomy"

Venus stated after 3 hours of studying the subject. "You always say that", her brother said with an amused smile.

His sister's usual well maintained hair was now going crazy. She would've be mortified if she could see herself. "Come here", the werewolf said while pulling her closer to him.

"Remmy, I have to study", she started before being shushed by her own brother. "You worry too much, V", he told her with a smile.

"You don't even need Astronomy to be an Auror"

Remus added as Venus laughed. "I know, it's just I really don't want to get a T", she stated as her brother pulled her in closer.

"Hey Remmy?",

Venus asked her twin brother after awhile of comfortable silence. "Yeah?", he mumbled half asleep.

"You think it's true what mom and dad think?", she said in a small voice causing her brother's eyebrows to frown.

"About us being monsters? I-...I don't know"

He answered with a loud sigh.

"For what it's worth, I don't think you're a monster"

"Same here."

Looking at their table, Gideon Prewett couldn't help but silently stare at his girlfriend.

The girl was always around the marauders, maybe a little too much for his liking.

He wasn't one to get jealous, but when it came to Sirius Black.

Gideon couldn't help it.

extremely short chapter

i hate it but it's because i
needed a filler before
last day of 5th year.