act ii

D E C E M B E R 2 5 T H, 1 9 7 5

C O N T E X T

WINTER BREAK AT the Potters was always a delight. Euphemia Potter loved having the Lupin twins over because they were always there to help her in the kitchen.

They also kept the others in line, even if half the pranks were their ideas.

When Remus was setting the table, Venus was cooking with the Potter wife. Sometimes they would try to get the rest of the guys to help them.

But failed miserably.

"You two are just being suck ups to my mom"

James told the twins multiple times a day which only caused them to help out even more.

Fleamont had even told Remus that the boy had become Euphemia's second husband without meaning it.

Which caused James to call Remus dad.

The twins hadn't gone home for christmas that year.

Their parents made it quite clear that they would be out of town and didn't want to spend time with their kids.

Peter was the only one that went home for a few days.

"James! Sirius! Breakfast"

Venus shouted from downstairs as Remus finished to set the table.

"Coming mom"

James said as Venus chuckled. "Did he just-", she asked in disbelief as both Euphemia and Remus bursted out in laughters.

"My son just called you mom", the woman said while doubling in laughters as the two boys walked inside the kitchen.

"Why is everyone laughing?"

Sirius asked as Fleamont looked up from his paper. "James just called Venus mom", the man said with a smile on his face which caused his wife to laugh even harder. "What? No I didn't. Mom called us down", he started before his mouth dropped to the floor.

"Bloody hell, that was V", he mumbled as Sirius laughed.

Eventually calming down, everyone sat around the table before eating breakfast.

The marauders had been saying their incantations every sunrise and every sunset. Causing them to wake up extra early, much to Venus annoyance as they would jump on her bed to wake her up.

One day, she had accidentally punched James in the face as he had scared her with a halloween mask.

"Goddamnit Potter! Now I know why Lily doesn't like you", the girl had spat while rubbing her eyes.

That small sentence had caused the boy to not talk to her for a full day.

And caused unnecessary tension in the Potter residence.

The two of them eventually getting over it and played wizard chess to make up.

The day before going back to Hogwarts, Venus had asked Euphemia if they could set off fireworks as Sirius had never seen some.

The woman had agreed immediately which caused James to pout at his mother.

"Just say it, you like them more then me", the boy told his mother who massaged her temple.

Ever since the start of christmas break, he hadn't stopped telling his mother that she liked the Lupin twins more then him. "If you keep up with that attitude, I might", she told her son who looked completely shocked by his mother's answer.

"Bet you didn't expect that, Potter", the girl said with a chuckle before getting flipped off by the Potter boy.

As the night fell upon the Potter household, everyone ran outside just in time to see Fleamont Potter lighting up the fireworks.

Sirius's eyes widened as the colours filled the dark sky. "This is beautiful, thank you V", he told her while kissing her cheek before looking back at the fireworks.

The girl's cheeks turned a deep shade of red. She mentally thanked the night for being so dark as no one could tell she was burning up.

Her brother, who knew her far too well, wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"I know you're blushing"

Remus whispered in her ear as she hit his stomach playfully.

"Am not"

The green eyed girl argued which simply caused the boy to tease her even more.

oooohhh context
chapter!!!!

i don't even know what's
a context chapter....i just need
something to write in between
the acts.....

do you enjoy these "context"
chapters? i feel like it sets a quick
image of what's going on and how
venus is feeling.

idk maybe im just weird
and think it's a good idea.

anyways, how are you guys doing today?

did you drink enough water?

did you eat today?
even a small cookie?

did you spend your whole
day in your bed? because same
but whatever teeheee