Chapter Two: Magnolia Madness

~Third Person~

Nashi arrived at Magnolia late at night. It seems like there was a festival, making it easy for her to blend in. She stood from afar for a minute before standing in the crowd.

She saw beads, confetti and concession stands. She was loving it. Nashi wandered around for a while until her advanced hearing picked up yelling; it was coming from an empty street. Upon further inspection, she saw that it was two men and a teen girl. She was trying to run or at least escape the men but it wasn't working.

For some reason unknown to her, Nashi had an urge to help her. And so she did. Lighting her hand with a small flame she stalked up behind them, careful so she wasn't seen by the men. When she got close she knocked one out. The other turned and stared at the man on the ground.

Then he glared at her. "Who are you!?" He asked angrily.

"You don't need to know that." Nashi responded coolly. The man smirked evilly and thrust his hand towards Nashi.

She was surprised when lightning shot form his hand and hit her. She blocked with her arm, but it stung. The teenage girl rather, stood there shaking. "Run. I got this guy." Nahshi ordered. She was still there, paralyzed by fear.

"Go!" Nashi yells. The girl snapped free of her daze and ran off. The man went to run after her but Nashi burned his leg. He hissed in pain, making her smirk. "Ah ah ah. I'm your opponent." She lit her flames, letting her cloak fall.

"Let's get this over with, shall we?"

[30 minutes later]

Nashi panted, with bruises on her face. She had to admit, the guy was pretty good. But he used some dirty tricks, and called on some of his friends. She punched the last one to the ground, before stumbling. She leaned against the wall, hurt and dizzy.

She hissed, feeling her side ache. Looking down, she saw an unfamiliar red substance soaking her shirt.

Then, she felt it run down and saw it stain the concrete. When she heard more people running toward her she spun around. Her flames were lit when they arrived. Her vision was blurry but that wouldn't stop her.

"Try me." She said breathily before crying out, dropping to her knees. Her side wound hurt worse now, making her reach down and cover it with her hands.

She looked up seeing someone come close. She growled up at them, glaring. "Easy, Firecracker. I'm here to help." His voice was soothing, but Nashi didn't trust it.

"What do you want?!" She spat, still glaring.

"Sylvia are you sure this is her? She's pretty rude."

'Sylvia? Who the hell is that? Who is this guy?'  Nashi thought before hearing another voice. It was feminine. "This is her, big brother. She's the one who saved me," Before Nashi could think to ask questions, the pain got too much too bare and she fell face first to the ground, halfway unconscious.

She heard voices calling, but they were echoes now. And then, she was out.

When she awoke, Nashi was alert. She sat up quickly, making something on her side tear, and she felt it. With a groan, she pressed a hand to her side. Looking out the window that was in the room, she saw that it was day.

'Oh no!'

She thought, looking around the room for her things. When her eyes landed on her scarf and purse, her legs swung over the side of the bed and stood. Walking through the pain, she put on her scarf and purse. She opened the door and looked around. It appeared she was on the second floor. She walked up to the balcony and saw a door to the left. Looking a little further right, she saw a staircase.

She hastily walked down the stairs and was close to the door when someone spoke, scaring her.

"What are you doing?" She turned, hand already aflame. He raised his hands in a sort of surrender. "Woah there, Firecracker." The boy said. 

"Stop calling me Firecracker." She responded, not lowering her fist.

"Okay. But you have to stay for at least a day or two so you can heal-,"

"No! I got to get home. I snuck away and I planned to be back by morning but I got sidetracked and you kidnapped me!"  Nashi accused and the boy looked angry.

"Please! I never wanted to save your ass." The boy said, sounding rather irritated.

You can thank my sister."  

"Who?" Nashi asked.

"The girl you saved last night. She wanted to return the favor even though she didn't know you."

"Thanks but I really need to go."

"My name is Storm. Storm Fullbuster. The owner of this place. My parents are with a guild called Fairy Tail,"

'Fairy Tail?'  She thought eyes widening. 'Mama told me about that book she wrote! The Adventure of Iris. Fairy Tail was in that.'

Her flames went out. She frowned. "Fairy Tail is real?" She asked. Storm furrowed a brow.

"Yeah. Who are you kid? Have you been living under a rock?" He asked bluntly and Nashi smiles sheepishly.

"Sort of. My name is Nashi Dragneel." Storm's eyes lit up.

"As in Dragneel like, Natsu Dragneel?!" He shouts.

Nashi's eyebrows rose. "That's my papa."

"What!?" He shouted. Nashi nodded. Storm's arms moved around as he began to rant to Nashi.

"Natsu Dragneel is a legend! Him and Lucy Heartfillia were the ones who took down Zeref and Tartaros and all those other bad guys! With my dad and their team!" Nashi's smile widened.

"Woah! You serious!?"

"Yeah I am!" He calms down a bit and frowns. "How come you don't know this? Didn't your parents tell you?"

Nashi looked down. "No. My mom read me a book about this girl named Iris and how she was with this guild called Fairy Tail but I thought it was just fake."

"Well it's real. I can take you." He says sympathetically. Nashi looks up at him hopefully.

"But what about my family? They didn't want me here."

"Well you're here now. There's nothing with going back late is it?" Storm asks.

"You know, my brother is right," Nashi turned and saw a girl rushing down the steps. She had lighter hair, but her face looked a bit like Storm's.

"You can't leave. You have several broken ribs, and if you leave now, they won't heal properly and your cut needs rewrapping." The girl said. "And also, I'm Sylvia. Welcome."