Chapter Twenty-Four: Plans In Motion

~Third Person P.O.V~

"What's the plan?" Storm asked.

Gramps sighed and First Master stepped forward. "This clearly requires our strongest teams, Fairy Tail and Nex Gen."

"You want our children to fight?" Lucy questioned, worried for the kids. Sure they faced things Team Natsu had at this age but this guild is made of demons. She and Natsu faced them well into their crime fighting career. They were just getting started and were still inexperienced.

"You know this can't be avoided Lucy. E.N.D. already started this. We have to be the one who finishes it."

"Don't worry Mama," Nashi stated with a grin, "I have a plan. I'll be okay."

"Nashi you just got your power back. How can you sustain it for so long?" Gale asked worriedly.

Nashi swung her legs over the side, exposing her bandaged legs. Storm came to her side to help her up. She didn't wobble. She looked confident as she nodded to Nova.

"I've been still for too long. And Miyoko has been getting on my nerves since the day we met. I've been waiting to kick her whiney demon behind!" Nashi smirks.

"But we still don't have a plan to defeat these guys."

"I believe I might have one." Makoto said as he sat up, now fully healed. "There's a special magic each demon has. The twins were water and ice. Miracle was metal and Kildonan was earth. The other five are fire, lightning, air, and plant. Panola's is her connection with our regeneration technologies so I doubt she'll be much of a threat."

"Miyoko had control of the cloths so those we already know," Storm pointed out and Makoto nodded.

"Yes Storm. But Miyoko's range goes farther than just cloth. Any inanimate object she touches she can bend to her will. I don't know if there's a limit or not." Makoto says quietly.

"Well we already know about the others. We have guys to match them. Gale is a solid script mage, he can take the lightning with his words. Nova's got air, Rin and I can take on the fire, Storm can freeze plants." Sylvia says, nodding along.

"That leaves Miyoko to me." Said Nashi as she stood without Storm's help but still held onto his arms. "With my demon and dragon power I can defeat her."

"And what of the guild? It can move." The First Master brought up a point. Natsu smashed his fist into a palm.

"Leave that to me and the team. We've got this. The other kids can help too."

"And the rest of Fairy Tail?"

"They can lead the citizens away from the city for a while. This battle might destroy everything." Erza says to Gramps. He nods with a hum, a hand on his chin.

"And how do we get the mayor to agree? We can't simply tell him that demons are coming to invade. He won't believe us. He'll probably accuse us first of having demons ourselves." Gramps eyes went to Makoto and Nashi.

Everyone stops to think. There's no way the mayor would agree with the citizens leaving for a battle. He'd be furious.

"I've got it!" Sylvia stands up.

"Call in the princess. I've heard about all you've done for the capital and Fiore. Why not ask for a favor?" She suggests and Erza's eyebrows raise.

"It could work."

Gramps nods. "Alright. Natsu, Lucy call the princess. Gray, Erza go get your team and children. The rest of you, prepare for battle."

~Nova P.O.V.~

Going back home wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but Mom said it was urgent. Seeing as Dad was agreeing too, it must have been real important.

"Mom?" I said confusedly, watching as she and Dad talked in a hushed tone with one another. She looks back at me and sighs. She gestures me forward. I walk towards her and she turns to me, biting her lip and fiddling with her fingers.

"You know your power comes from your father and you have certain traits of Take Over." She says and I nod. I always was good at both.

"For this battle, there is something you should know." She glances at Dad. He takes over, putting his hand on my shoulder and sighing deeply.

"You've got much more power than I've ever seen Nova. It's honestly very scary because when I was younger, I was hunger for more. The same might be true for you and I don't know if we'd be able to stop you if you go to far." He says making me furrow my brow.

"What are you saying?" I furrowed my brows glancing in between them. They can't seriously be thinking about keeping me here.

"Maybe you should...stay back."

I blinked once then twice as anger flooded through me. I glared at the ground and then huffed. I balled my fists and moved my Dad's hand off. I glare at him and Mom. "You expect me to stay behind when my family is fighting? You're insane!" I shouted loudly. Mom stepped closer.

"Sweetheart-,"

"Don't 'sweetheart' me! I know my magic gets to be too much but I'm not going to stay back because you think I'm going to kill someone!" I said angrily then deflated, feeling suddenly insecure. "Don't you trust me? You've taught me more than enough. Aren't...I enough?" I asked. Dad immediately nodded, Mom following up with a hug. I accepted it.

"That's not it. We just don't want you going to far and then regretting it. Laxus and I know firsthand how heavy guilt weighs on you. We would never want to wish that on you. Ever." Mom wiped my hair from my face and smiled. "You are always enough." I nodded and we pressed our foreheads together before hugging again, this time Dad joining in.

"Okay," Dad says when we part, "you can fight. But I want you to be ready. And that means training."

I nodded, raising a determined fist.

"Yeah!"