Chapter Five: The Exchange

~Lucas~

Nashi leaned down and turned over this "Storm" guy and shook him. Nashi smiled seeing him wake up and they hugged. For too long in my case. So I pushed them apart.

"Alright, we get it. Who the hell are you?" I asked gruffly.

"There's no time! I need Nashi's help!" He said and I turned to Mom and Dad. 

"Storm what happened? Why are you hurt?" Nashi asked anxiously. 

"It was an hour after you left. We were attacked. I managed to escape but the guy that attacked kidnapped everyone. He said that he'll kill them all if I don't show up. But I didn't want to leave them without backup."

He smiled gently and I growled. This guy was too friendly with my sister. Way too friendly.

"Did he give you a place? Yes. It was at the Cathedral. Well then let's go!"

"Nashi think before you leap." I told her.

"I have thought about it, Luke. These guys are my friends and I won't abandon them. Not again." She said determandly. 

"Then let me come with you. You're gonna need all the help you can get." I said, and Nashi nodded before looking at Mom and Dad.

"I know that I just got back and you haven't explained-,"

"You have to save them. We understand. Go and be safe. We have to stay here and keep the house safe." Nashi nodded, grabbing her scarf. She turned to Storm and grabbed his hand.

"Let's go." They ran out the door together, and I glanced once more at Mom and Dad before running after them.

It was a while before we got to Magnolia. When I saw the town for the first time, instead of the place of dreams, I saw debris and people hurt. Destroyed food and appliances. People were hurt.

I felt heat next to me. It was blazing. Turning, I saw Nashi and her glare. She was pissed off now.

Storm let go of her hand quickly, hissing in pain. I saw the burnt skin. "Nashi, calm down. We'll save them and stop these guys."

 "He's gonna pay!" Nashi yelled angrily to me. She ran off to the Cathedral and the both of us ran after her.

"Hey! I'm Storm by the way."

"Lucas, and just because my sister likes you, does not me I will."

That was all I could say becsuse when we got to the Cathedral we saw Nashi burst the doors open. We walked in after her. I saw 6 people tied to poles. Three girls and three boys. "Everyone!" Storm called but they didn't wake up. 

"They aren't waking up anytime soon." We hear an ominous voice say.

Looking up, I saw a man in a cape with a beard and a mustache with a smirk on his face. He was pretty buff but I doubt he could take us all on. "Let them go! You swore you would if I showed up!" Storm yelled. Nashi was eerily quiet. I turned to my sister to see shadows covering her eyes. Storm continues to yell but Nashi interrupts them.

"Hey ugly!" She called out. "How about you and I make a deal?"

I tried to call out to my sister but she just ignored me. She can't be serious. She absolutely can't be. "I'll fight you. And if I win you leave me and everyone in this town alone. But if and only if I lose, then I'll be your prisoner.

What's so special about you girlie?" 

"You've heard of Natsu Dragneel haven't you? I heard he is E.N.D. the fire demon." 

Then imagine what I can do." She gestured to herself.

"I'm his daughter, Nashi. I have more power than he does." She said and the man thought about it. This girl is crazy!

"Nashi don't!" I tried to warn. 

"Stay out of this Lucas! You don't understand what they mean to me. This is all I can do." She said and then the man smirked.

"You've got yourself a deal, Nashi."

"Good, then let's begin." He waved a finger as she got in a fighting stance. 

"I want the whole town to see this."

"You want to broadcast the battle? Fine!" Nashi shouted, and I growled. Nashi gonna kill herself  if I don't stop this.

"Nashi I'm tired of this bullshit! You're not fighting this guy and you're not broadcasting this live."

Nashi looked over at me. "And who's gonna stop me? You won't. And Storm won't either." She glanced at Storm who just stood there frozen with tension. "See? I'm doing this for my friends, Lucas. If you can't stand to watch then go run back to Mama and Papa like a baby cause I got a fight to win." She said harshly, and I had to take a step back. The man laughed.

"You entertain me, pinkie. My name is Levain. Let's have a good fight, Nashi." And with that, he started to broadcast. I could feel my blood run cold when Nashi went to stand next to him and he began to speak.

"All citizens of Magnolia! I am Levain! After kidnapping the members of Fairy Tail's Second Generation, three other members, Lucas Dragneel, Storm Fullbuster, and Nashi Dragneel all came to stop me. After a little argument, Nashi has made a deal with me." He smirked.

"She will fight me. And if I lose, then I have to leave this place and never return. But if I win, she is my prisoner. And thanks to me, I give you all the pleasure to watch the said battle at the Cathedral. Please wish her luck. She'll need it."

And with that, Levain turned from the camera with Nashi and they walked down the steps to the center. "Move them to the back. I don't want them to get hurt." Sorm and I rushed to untie them and move them to the back. After doing so they stood in front of them making sure to get a good view of the upcoming battle.

"Is she serious?" Storm asked, surprised.

"Storm you have to understand something about Nashi. She's stubborn and because of that she doesn't give up easily. And I doubt she ever will. While it's the only way she could save your friends, this is the craziest plan I've ever heard of. But we can't do anything. All we can do is pray she survives." I said with my arms crossed and Storm nodded. I could see his heart pounding. Was he scared? I know he cares for my sister but are they really friends? They've only been together for a couple hours.

I shiver. Even thinking about them two is weird. I gotta help Nashi. 'What am I talking about? This is Nashi, my sister. She's got this.'

Nashi and Levain stood across from each other. Nashi had an deadly glint in her eye. Levain had a cocky look in his.

And then, the battle begun.