Chapter Twenty-Five: Battle Approaches

~Rin P.O.V~

The job should have been easy.

Long story short it wasn't and now I'm hurt. In the rain. How ironic.

I winced at the pain in my side, my hand presses tight to my wound. I looked through my eyelashes to try and find Fey. "Fey!" I screamed the girl's name, feeling panicked when all I received was an echo.

"Fey if you can hear me please," I yelled, pausing to lean against the wall and catch my breath. "Yell! Scream! Do something!" I shouted, my fist curling in desperation.

Steeling my nerves, I froze my wound over hoping it would hold. I stood up and staggered over to one of the bandits on the ground. I glared and kicked his side so he laid on his back. He looked scared. I briefly wondered why before Fey took over my thoughts again. "Where is she?" I growled. He shook his head fearfully and I punched him in his nose. It gushed blood but I clenched my jaw and forced myself not to waver.

"Where is she!?"  I screamed. He began to sob shaking his head. I raised to punch him and he spoke finally.

"I don't know I swear! Please! Please let me live!"

His words triggered something in my chest. I dropped him and stood tall, chest heaving and my shoulders slumped as I stared at my hand stained with blood. They both shook.

I hated fighting typically. Siblings and wrestling with the family is different. Actually fighting someone was different. I had always pulled my punches but just then, I didn't. I used all of my force to hurt him. And I didn't even get the answer I wanted.

"Rin!"

I spun around, so glad to hear her voice. I watched, bangs hanging in my face, wet as she stumbled toward me the obvious wound in her leg. I almost smiled.

I ran over to her, wrapping my arms around her body close, close, not enough. She's cold and wet but alive in my arms, shaking. Her snow hair made me sigh in relief and I pressed my nose to her temple. "Fey," I murmured, holding our bodies together. "Don't ever  scare me like that."

She snorts and pulled away, just a bit. Her lips quiver as she smiles. "I couldn't ever Pretty Boy." I feel relieved at the nickname.

We stand in silence, watching each other.

Maybe it's the nerves. Maybe it's the fact how I almost lost it at the thought of Fey being gone. All I know is, one second she's staring at me, the next, I'm kissing her.

Her lips are cracked and wet from the rain. I've always imagined them soft and tasting like the oranges she always eats but this is reality. I'd chose this over any fantasy.

Her hand moves to my neck then to my head, caressing the little hair there. Her other hand touches my cheek and we part. My eyes hadn't closed. They were staring at her and I don't think I ever could stop. Suddenly, she laughs.

"Played by one Fullbuster, fallen for the other. What a coincidence." Her words make me frown. My forehead pressed to hers.

"I'd never play with your heart Fey. I swear. I have loved you for so long...," I whispered. She laughs again and opens her eyes. I see her hazel green eyes and smile.

"Good think I love you too."

~Nashi P.O.V~

Being up and around was the a breathe of fresh air. The situation though, it crushed my lungs. The others and I headed back to our guild ready to train. We're definitely out of practice.

Putting my hair up, I fix my pants in my room. I'm in the middle of accessing when Storm comes in. He walks over and slides his hands around me. I giggle when he digs his nose into my neck. "Hey Stripper." I said and leaned my head back on his shoulder, holding on his neck. "What's up?"