Chapter Nineteen: The Lovers' Battle

~Third Person P.O.V~

Storm wasn't prepared to fight Nashi, but he knew he had to. He wouldn't let her destroy the town. "Come on Nashi! Won't you fight me?"

Nashi ran to him, gripping his left wrist, burning him. "Agh!" He took his right leg and tried to kick her side but she grabbed it too and lifted him up. She slammed him into the ground. He cried out curling in on himself. He recovered quickly and moved out of the way of Nashi's flaming fist. He created a bow and arrow. "I don't want to hurt you." Nashi only roared in response. 

She held out her own hand to the side, a flame blooming in her hand. Storm watched as the sword formed in her palm, red and black. She gripped it, unaffected by the heat.

She moved just as he shot. Jumping to the side, she ran towards him, running the sword through his shoulder.

He screamed out, the burning hotter than he's ever felt. Nashi flew him into the wall, pinning her sword there, making him dangle partially off the ground. He grit his teeth, looking up at Nashi. Her irises had returned but they were orange. A mix of demonic and dragon-like. "Nashi... you don't have to do this." He panted. He pushed himself forward slowly, working through the pain. Soon enough he was at the hilt of the sword without Nashi noticing. 

Using his strength to pry her hands from the hilt. Then he kicked her away. He grabbed the hilt and pulled it out of his shoulder. He hissed when the blade is gone, and as the fire burned. He let it go and it went up in flames. Then he freezes over the skin, hoping the wound heals.

When Nashi came back, she raised a clawed hand and scratched him across the face, but at the last second second moved, catching catching collarbone instead. He tumbled away, crying out. Nashi sat up and looked over at him. Then she was walking over, kicking him in the torso, flipping him onto his back. She grabbed his collar pulling him up. She raised a blazing fist with no emotion on her face.

Taking this as a chance, Storm took the dagger he formed in his hand and stabbed it just below Nashi's chest. She looked down at it, then back at up at Storm. She gripped his hand in hers and watched as Storm wiggled in pain. She dropped him and let the dagger drip away. 

Storm stood up again anger in his eyes. He wasn't about to hold back now. He snapped and raised his palm ice raising up where Nashi was. 

She sensed it and jumped up. Storm jumped up too, pushing Nashi into a roof. She skidded back into a crouch. She got up and began shooting fireballs at him. He dodged each one before opening his mouth. 

"Ice Devil Slayer Roar!" Ice shot from his mouth and Nashi raised both of her hands, blocking the attack. When it was over, Storm was close enough to hit her; he brought his hands up and punched her across the face. Then he did it again before taking her head in his hands and slamming it down on his knee. She flew back with a grunt. She leaned over and spat blood before rushing at Storm. She jumped over him and then put him in a headlock. Storm elbowed her then flipped her over, using another arrow in her leg. She cried out, angrily huffing as she looked up at him. Storm watched in a sense of fear as it melted away. Nashi jumped up and turned. She called forth her sword again and Storm had to make another sword to parry Nashi's flame.

When Nashi flew up, Storm grabbed onto her tail and pulled her down. She fell to the ground below. Storm jumped from the roof and landed square in Nashi's torso, breaking something.

She screamed in pain, tears leaking from her eyes. Storm gasped, angry at himself for really hurting her. 

"Nashi!" He got off her leaning down to help her. She opened her eyes after a few seconds and smoke came from her nose. 

Storm jumped away just as she blew more fire. She sat up and she stood. Since her back was to him, he saw that her dragon scales are getting darker and more defined.

He ran up behind her and punched her back. She cried out, arching it. She didn't move for a couple second until she was turing to Storm. 

"Shit."

She punched him away, making him fall in the dirt. 'No.'

He thought. 

'I won't lose to her again.'

Storm got up, the exhaustion catching up to him. He got ready for one last attack. He put his hands together, making a sledgehammer. This was going to have to be enough.

Storm raised it in both his hands. Then he slammed it against the ground, ice spikes flying up from it, towards Nashi.

"Ice Devil Sledgehammer Destruction!" He yelled. Just as Storm expected, Nashi jumped up before it reached her. He jumped up too, morphing the ice sledgehammer around his arms and put them together. 

'I only have one shot at this.'

'I need to make it count.'

He took his interlocked hands, lowering them. Just as Storm got close, he hit them at Nashi's chin knocking her hard enough, she fell into the stalls that still stood breaking them.

He hit the ground and immediately ran over. Storm pulled the drink free from his pocket and was about to pour it in when Nashi woke up.

He was punched away and the serum flew from his hands. "No!" He cried. He saw his father and Natsu twitch. Hearing Nashi's thundering step, Storm looked up. She had her arms on fire and she had a raised claw. She was about swing when suddenly, Natsu and Gray holding her arms. He heard the burning and sizzling and winced.

“Storm! The serum!" Natsu called. He sat up and looked over at where it thankfully landed on a knocked over basket of cloths. He grabbed it and turned back seeing Nashi about to get free. Storm sped back over and grabbed Nashi's squirming head.

Storm poured it down her throat and closed her mouth forcing it down. She blew fire into his hand but he squeezed his eyes closed, ignoring the pain.

"Come on Nashi! Come on!" 

Her flames ceased as did her struggling. Nashi stood there, arms outstretched. Storm stepped back and watched as Nashi's pupils came back into sight. They were pink and unfocused.

They closed and she groaned, collapsing in her father's arms. Her dragon and demon features didn't go away.

"It's okay, Little One."

"I got you."