Chapter Seven: The Fire

~Nashi~

After being congratulated on saving the town from the threat I felt something on my side. It hurt. Badly. Next thing I know I'm on the ground and looking up at the sky. I couldn't feel my side and I saw people running around. Then he was in my vision.

"Storm." I called and I felt his cold hand in mine.

"Hey. Hey you're okay."

"A-Am I gonna die?" I felt tears stinging in my eyes and everything went blurry.

"No! You're going to be okay. We just need to stop the bleeding."

"I don't wanna die." Tears were flowing down my cheeks.

I felt Storm's hand on my face. "Nashi listen to me. I will never let you die. I will always be there understand? I will be there to pick you up. After every win, and after every loss. I'll be there." I smiled but then it stopped when I winced.

"You swear?"

"I swear to God I will." A smile made its way back onto my face.

Taking in a labored breath, I spoke again. "Storm?"

"Yeah?"

"I-I," I didn't finish. Well, I actually couldn't. My vision spun out of control and then, it was like I was asleep.

By the time I was awake again, I felt oddly better. "Mmh." I opened my eyes, to see Storm. He sat in the chair next to my bed. He was reading. I smiled. He looked up at me and stopped.

"Nashi?" His voice was low and unstable.

"The one and only."

He hugged me tightly and I saw his shoulders shake. He must be crying. "I thought we lost you!" I smirked.

"It'll take more than that for me to quit." I said proudly. He pulled away tears still on his face.

"Nashi, you've been asleep for at least a week."

"What? Did anything happen? Where is everyone? Are they okay?" Storm laughed and dried his eyes.

"Calm down. Nothing happened. Everyone is in the guildhall and okay. We brought you here, where our healers healed you. That fight cost you a lot of magic. And you have broken ribs and burnt arms." I laughed at this and turned to the ceiling.

"You kept saying names. Igneel, Tartaros, and E.N.D. I think. No one but your parents knew what you were talking about.

Mama and Papa were here?"

"Yeah. They're here now. Want me to get them?"

"Yes! And tell Lucas to come too." Storm nodded and left. I sat up and stared at the wall across from me. "A week huh? Wonder what's changed." Upon hearing the door click open, I saw Mama and Papa.

"Mama! Papa!" They rushed to me and hugged tight. I gasped for breath for a second. "Still wounded! Still wounded!" I cried and they let go of me instantly. Momma had tears in her eyes.

"Sorry Nashi. It's just good to see you awake. We had thought we lost you."

"I'm not going anywhere! I've still got adventures to go on." I smiled.

"It's good to see you awake, Hothead." I smiled at Lucas and motioned him in for a hug. He smirked and came in for a hug. Then I played with his hair for a bit. After making small talk for a minute, a doctor came in.

"I heard that she was awake. I need to give some tests to see if she's truly okay. If that's alright?" She asked and Mama nodded. She walked over and held her hand over my body.

"This won't hurt. I'll just be checking on your magic. Your arms are almost healed but your rib will need some down time." I nodded. She closed her eyes and moved her hands up and down. I felt all floaty.

Then she stops and smiles at me. I gulp and oddly feel like that smile is fake.

"Lucy, Natsu?" The doctor called.

"Yes?"

"I'll tell you the results privately if that's all right."

"Of course." They went to the other end of infirmary but I listened in.

"I'm sorry to inform both of you but...," the doctor stopped. She seemed sad. For us. I shifted impatiently. "What's wrong?"

"It's a shame to say that the magic your daughter used was not accustomed to her body." 'What magic? What is this lady saying?'

"What magic?"

"The magic you once used Natsu." She said and Lucy gasped.

"E.N.D.?"

"Exactly."

'What is E.N.D.? I know I said it Levain before but that was just becasue I heard about it once before. Is it a bad guy that Mama and Papa defeated? Who is he?'

"What does that mean for Nashi?"

"You know what Luce. She's a fire demon too." I gasp.

"But isn't it impossible?"

"I'm not that thing anymore Luce. I think it Nashi took up the mantle now. She's E.N.D." I gasp again.

"Magic wise though? Can she still use her regular fire?"

"I...no. Because of this violent awakening, regular magic can't be used ever again."