Chapter Twenty-Eight: Burn With The Flames of My Passion

~Rin P.O.V~

Finishing off the demons was harder than I thought. When Via and Storm told me about their spell attempt, I smacked her upside the head.

"What was that for?!" She screamed as she struggled with the plant in the water. Eventually she crushed it and turned to the fire demon guy. She blasted him boiling water, dodging the fire that was aimed for her head.

"That spell was specifically for us! The twin demon slayers!" I yelled angrily, leaning down for Storm to roll over my back and freeze a fire minion. That fire demon guy started spouting them out, a dozen at a time. Then the plant lady came and mixed their magic making these guys ten times more harder to kill.

"Oh," Sylvia said with a blush. "Sorry." She grins. Storm smirks as the plant lady.

"Ice Devil Slayer Art: Blind Blizzard!"

The ice bizzard hit instantly, making Via and I smirk. As the fire demon and his minions withered in cold weather, I held my hand out to Via. "Sylvia, this is our only shot. Storm gave us cover." Instead of taking it, she frowned, shaking her head.

"I used up most of my reserves for that spell. I can't do another one." She teared up. "And it's all my fault!" Tears fell and froze over her cheeks and I watched perplexed. How were we going to do this without killing Sylvia? I dropped my hand and licked my lips. How would this work!?

"Rin! Sylvia!" Storm called as he ran over. She wiped our sister's tears and turned 5o me. "Why don't I help you? I'm not a water slayer but I can convert my ice to water. Mom showed me how, she said it saved Dad once."

I furrow my brows then started to nod. "It might work. Your magic can cover for Sylvia's missing magic." I nodded.

"Let's do it."

I grabbed Storm's hand and Sylvia's. Storm started his spell under his breath and in sync our eyes glowed. The blizzard went away and the demons watched wide eyed as the spell circle formed under our feet. Plant lady tried to attack us, but the spell blocked it.

"Now!" Storm shouted.

"Combined Technique: Water Ice Grimm Assassination!"

We shouted in unison, and the spell glowed, growing bigger.

Above us, ice and water blew into our hair and eyes. It turned into water bubbles, forming together into a giant man shadowing us. A hand moved over the three of us. Ice and water shot from the palm, hitting the demons making them scream. Then, the water man turns into a spiral over us slamming the demons straight on.

It tore through their upper body and then turned to ice breaking apart their bodies.

I smiled shakily as the blizzard above broke. My body felt like lead. The three of us hit the ground. My hand still held Sylvia's and I looked at her worried. "Y-You okay?"

She didn't answer. She couldn't catch her breath and my eyes widened at the blood coming from his nose. I struggled to sit up, but I got there. I pulled her to me, holding her closely.

"Slyvia, what's wrong?" My eyes went over her body and then to Storm who staggered over to us. "Via?" I asked, eyes watering. I hope she isn't... no. She isn't.

"I-I'm fine. Storm couldn't make up for some of the magic I-I lost," she shivered and burrowed into me. "I'm out, way out. I need some sleep and healing is all." She sighs and wipes her nose. Nothing more comes out making my heart retract in relief.

"We're okay," I whispered then chuckled. "We won too." I laughed, looking up at Storm. My eyes widened at his blank ones. "Storm?"

Sylvia turns in my arms to look at our older brother. "Storm what is it?"