Chapter Sixteen: The Versions

~Third Person P.O.V~

The news shook the room. Sylvia fell to the floor, weeping over her friend. Lucas came over and guided her to his seat, looking down at the table himself.

"This...," he started, taking in a sharp breath. "This isn't the end. This is Nashi we're talking about! She's a stubborn knucklehead. She's not going to give up." He said as if he was reassuring himself.

"There must be a solution! Something we can do." Storm said. Looking to Nashi's parents, he gave them a sigh. "This is all my fault. I'm so sorry."

"How many times are you going to apologize before you realize this isn't your fault?

Until Nashi's okay again."

"She will be." Natsu said with finality. "Now that you think about it...," Lucy started, remembering.

"What is it? Years ago, the same thing happened to Natsu. He was freezing cold and I had to keep him warm with my body heat. He was freezing. He wouldn't wake up. He was dying." She said and Natsu nodded. "I remember that. I was in some type of void, with Igneel. He was telling me what was happening."

"But Igneel isn't in Nashi. Who's telling her?"

[Within Nashi]

'She wandered aimlessly around the volcano. As it's spewing lava dripped from the top, she called the names of everyone she knew.

"Storm! Mama! Papa! Lucas! Sylvia!"

She yelled, but not one response. Nothing. Stopping, she dropped to her knees, surprise find the ground cool to the touch.

She felt it, but no heat radiated off of it.

"Don't act so surprised, Nashi. It's our mind."

Looking up, she saw herself. But she had horns, markings, a tail and fangs with glowing red eyes. "Are you me?"

"A part of you. That's the other part."

The demon Nashi pointed behind the regular Nashi. She spun and saw another version of herself, but more dragon like.

She had cheek scaling, canines, a dragon tail, claws, and wings. Her eyes were glowing gold. "I am the dragon in you. And this is the demon in you."

Dragon Nashi stated, and Regular Nashi nodded. "Why am I here? It is time for you to choose. Choose what? Between the two of us. Either you become a full demon and get rid of me or become full dragon and get rid of her."

She pointed but Nashi shook her head. "Why can't I keep the both of you?"

"Because a dragon seed with demon roots does not mix. I am a natural force. While she is not." Demon Nashi growled, summoning a sword.

"Oh really, Scale Face?"

"Bring it on, Devil Girl!" They shouted at each other and stepping close. "How about we settle this the old fashioned way?"

"You just read my mind." Dragon Nashi growled.

Pushing upward, both flew into the sky and began to battle. Each clash made Nashi jolt. She fell to her hands and knees, looking through her eyes.

"Stop." She whispered. She panted feeling another jolt run through her. "Stop. Please. It hurts." She pleaded but still they would not listen. The last jolt sent Nashi over the edge.

"Enough!" She shouted, pressing forward to fly as well. She hit them both to the ground before returning herself. She looked down at them with anger. "I don't care how much you too don't mix. You are apart of me. You are me. If I die you both go with me. Is that understood?" She asked and both nodded.

"You both need to act like it! Whether or not, you are one. You may hate each other but it's true. I won't choose because together, we are stronger. Together, we can do great things. Greater than what we can do alone."

"But you have to choose!"

Demon Nashi yelled, and Regular Nashi smiled. Leaning down, she lifted the both of them up.

"And I did. I choose the both of you."

Nashi sat up with a gasp.