Chapter Seventeen: The She Beast

~Third Person P.O.V~

Neither Wendy nor Nashi could comprehend what was going on before Nashi was screaming. She gripped the sheets, eyes wide and unfocused.

Wendy pushed away from her post next to bed and watched in fear as a terrible aura surrounded Nashi. Her eyes turned gold and feral, her teeth sharpeninged into canines. After the change, her screaming ceased though she wasn't calm. She was tearing at the sheets, the bed, the pillows. 

She jumped from the bed, a growl tearing from her throat. Just as she turned to Wendy, horns sprouted from her wild pink locks. 

She was petrified, glued to the floor; her heart was racing with fear. Nashi raised a hand that was soon engulfed with flame. "Nashi stop!" Nashi saw her brother at the doorway along with the rest of her family, but her mind registered him as a threat. She growled at him, sending fire at them.

Natsu stepped in front of his son, taking the fire. She growled at him, turning back to Wendy, slashing her arm. She screamed, her arm burning. "Wendy!" Nashi turned back to them and roared.

She ran towards them but Natsu held her back. "Stop it Nashi!" He yelled but she didn't hear. She pushed harder, glaring. She hissed at him. Lucy went over to Wendy just as Natsu pushed Nashi back into the destroyed bed. 

She bounced back up immediately, rushing to the window. Nashi raised her fist now turned claw, destroying the window. She hunched over and two dragon-like wings came popping and cracking out her back. With one more startling roar, she flew off. 

Storm ran to the window with a fearful expression. "She's going to destroy the town!"

Lucy looked up from Wendy who was healing herself. "Now what? This never happened to Natsu." Natsu looked at his wife and everyone else in the room with a sorrowful face.

"I don't know Luce.” he replied sadly.

"We must stop her. No matter the cost."

"What are you suggesting?" Lucy stood slowly looking at Makoto who entered shortly after.

"Just as I said: stop E.N.D."

"But Nashi isn't some demon. She's our ally. Our family. Not yours." Lucas stepped up, glaring at Makoto.

"E.N.D.-,"

"Let me get this through your thick ass skull," Storm stopped him, anger already coursing through him. "Apparently, you won't listen to them, so maybe I can get through to you." His eyes turned deadly as he stepped close to the demon.

"Nashi is not some damn person you can dispose of. She is your master and the love of my life. Over my dead body will you kill her. That understood?"

Makoto nodded after staring at Storm for a minute. "Good. Now get the others and move this thing. We're going after Nashi." 

~Lucas P.O.V~

After what happened in Nashi's destroyed room, we all went our separate ways. Sylvia and Ms. Wendy went off somewhere while the adults went to go speak with the other demons. I found Storm on the roof with Rin. "Hey Storm, got a minute?" 

Both brothers looked at me and Storm nodded urging Rin to leave us alone. 

When it was just us, Storm crossed his arms. "Need something?”

"Do you really love Nashi?" He sat up.

"Of course I do. Even though we haven't even known each other for like two weeks but hey. Love is love." Storm shrugged.

"Did you mean what you said back there, about how you'd die before you'd let them kill her?"

"Yes, why, you don't approve?”

"Actually, this whole time I've been trying to convince myself to hate you, but I can't seem to. You're too perfect for my sister." I turned to the land moving under us.

"Heh. I'm not perfect. I'm a playboy. Or I was before Nashi came along." 

I smiled. "But Lucas seriously, why did you not like me?"

I blushed and my smile fell to an embarrassed frown. "It's pretty stupid.”

"Stupid or not tell me. How about I'll tell you a secret and you tell me a secret?"

"Fine, I didn't like you because I was crushing on you but you liked Nashi."

“Dude, you're gay?" I turned away, angry. Great, he's homophobic. "Yeah. Why gonna tease me?"

"No way bro. I'm not one to tease anyway, I think it's pretty cool. Makes you unique." I smiled. 

"So...what's your secret?" It was Storm's turn to blush.

"You're literally going to kill me.” 

“I doubt it, unless you screwed my sister." Storm was quiet. 

I froze for second at the silence then I turned slowly to Storm as realization dawned on me.

"You screwed my sister!?" I had him on the ground and was choking him in a second.

"Wait wait!" Storm pulled at my hands, a fierce blush across his face. "She basically screwed me! She was all demoness mode and was hot and-,"

I growled. I did not  need to know that. "Not helping!" I choked him harder. 

"I'll let you go if you answer correctly. Did you...you know what, in my sister?" Storm blushed harder.

"Hell no! I'm not that much of an idiot." I relented and let him go, helping the ice mage up. 

"Thank God. I didn't want to kill you. You're pretty badass." I said to him and then put him in a choke hold. "But do something like that shit again and I end you." Storm laughed, patting my arm. 

"Okay man."