Chapter Four: The Danger

~Third Person P.O.V~

"What?" She stood up and I followed. She turned away from me poking her face. I escort her to the sidelines where everyone else is.

"What is it? Did something happen?" Nova asks. Nashi opens her eyes widely, letting Nova see.

"Do you see red in my eyes? Storm said he saw red." Nova searched and then her eyes widened.

"Yeah... there's red growing in your eyes." Nashi blinked and wiped her eyes. She frowns. Nova puts a handon the girl's shoulder. "But don't worry. I'll call my my aunt. She'll know what to do."

Nashi nods. "For now, why don't we go to get breakfast?" Storm asks with a reassuring voice. Nashi doesn't feel it. What if she hurts someone? Like Storm? Or even Gale?

They've been so nice to her. And maybe it is because they think he dad is awesome. But they're more like friends. She's never had any. If you don't count the animals near.

Maybe it's best if she does leave.

They walked to the dining room with quiet words to one another but Nashi stayed silent. The table was lively, like what happened earlier was forgotten. There was one empty seat between Rose and Sylvia. Nashi sat there and Rose handed her a plate full of food. Nashi smiled. "Thanks." She ate slowly, and didn't participate in their conversation unless it was to answer questions. Then, breakfast was over and Nashi was in her temporary room, putting back on her now clean clothes.

Just as she secured her scarf around her neck, Storm came in. He stopped, seeing her back to him. "Nashi?" She turned to him, a frown on her face. Her eyebrows rose. "What is it?"

"I just... wanted to say that your pretty cool. And thanks for saving Sylvia." Nashi smiles.

"Course. My mom always taught me good." She said, knowing her mother words by heart.

"Storm." The eldest Fullbuster looked up at her with a open face. "I can't lie to you. I'm going home." 

"What? But your wounds-,"

"I'm fine. I need to go before I cause serious harm. Those red eyes mean something. I need to ask my papa. And he needs to tell me why he wouldn't let me come here."

Storm stepped forward. "He can come here-,"

"Why are you so adamant about making me stay? You don't know me. This is a family matter."

Nashi asked harshly. Storm sucked in a breath and deflated. "Because Fairy Tail is all about family. Your parents were apart of that. Even if they had left and had you. You're still family.  Just because your parents won't acknowledge it doesn't mean it isn't true."

Storm says quietly. Nashi falls back on her temper. She walks over and hugs Storm. He hugs her tightly.

"Thank you so much for everything Icy Face. You're right."

"...But I won't be gone for long. And please, don't stop me. I've already made up my mind." She pulled away and she swore she saw him wipe his eye, but it was too fast.

She smiled. "You crying?"

"Yeah. What of it?"

He asks with a tiny smile. His eyes are glassy. "Goodbye Nashi."

"See you soon."

She walked down the stairs, Storm trailing after her. When they reached the door, she smiled at him, opened the door and slipped out.

She was gone.

Nashi didn't stop running. She ran all the way home, and climbed up the tree that was next to her window and jumped into her room. A wave of guilt washed over her and she dropped her purse opening her room door.

She walked down the stairs slowly and saw her family arguing over something. When she got to the bottom stair, they noticed her.

Lucy was the first to react. She covered her mouth, eyes full of tears before rushing over and hugging her. Nashi didn't hug back until a full minute later. Then Lucy pulled away and was yelling at her. Nashi wasn't paying much attention. She couldn't stop thinking of Storm and the others.

Natsu came up beside her to place a hand on his wife's shoulder. "Nashi, are you okay?"

Was she okay? Physically, yeah. Emotionally, she was a wreck. Even though she's known them for only a day, they were like family. Her best friends. And Storm? She felt something for him. Whether it was love, admiration, or jealousy, she had no clue. And then there was this whole 'she's a Dragneel' situation.'

"Nashi? Are you okay?"

"I... no. I'm not."

"What happened?"

"I saved someone." She smiled at her parents before looking away again. "Then, she saved me cause I got hurt taking on too many people. But I'm okay now. And I met a group of friends. They let me in and became my friends." Nashi smiled halfway.

Then it dropped. "But then I heard about Fairy Tail." Lucy steps forward.

"Sweetheart-,"

"Hoe could you lie to me? You said we had no family in Magnolia. That there we were alone. You lied. Fairy Tail was your home."

Nashi glared angrily at them. "You lied. I only came back for answers. And I want them now."

Lucy looked to Natsu. He sighed and nodded. "You're right. You deserve answers. But after dinner."

"Okay."

[That Evening]

Nashi didn't even eat dinner. She was too caught up in her thoughts all she did was pick at it. And when Lucas asked if she was okay she just stood and walked up to her room. She wasn't okay. Why did they keep asking that? She wouldn't be okay until she was with her friends again and she knew the truth.

She sat at her desk looking out her window. She saw the stars and the bright lights. Then, she saw smoke. That made her perk up. Was there a fire? A campfire maybe? Trees started to fall, and Nashi stood. Then, she heard her brother's call. She rushed downstairs.

She gasped seeing what awaited her. Leaning down she saw a body. A familiar one.

"Storm?!"