2.8

Back to the stars
perhaps i'll find
you there
-d.j

Valour's eyes hold circles underneath them that they hadn't before, a mixture of both exhaustion from lack of sleep, and the toll the blood donations were taking on her body. Every time she closed her eyes that last night at the dropship seemed to replay in her mind.

She feels the cold hair cool against her neck, warm with sweat. She could hear Finn, and Lincoln's footsteps beside her, and the dozens behind them belonging to the reapers. The flash of light in the dark sky, as it descending to Earth, just like the ship carrying Abby had. She feels the knife in her fingers that Bellamy had made her promise not to let go of. The look in his eyes, a mix of worry, and something else she couldn't quite place. Than she hears his voice, as fresh in her ear as the day he had said them.

"Just don't die alright? I know you don't want to hurt people. But tonight. Please just make an exception".

She could only nod, unable to bring herself to look away from the intenseness of his dark eyes. They held worry, and something else she couldn't quite place.

"You got this Valour".

"Don't die". She had repeated his words, her stomach fluttering with a mix of excitement, and adrenaline.

But his eyes didn't meet hers. and it caused her stomach to knot. "Don't. Please". She tried to meet his eyes, but they were everywhere but on her own.  She could feel what little time they had slipping away. "Please".

His eyes suddenly burned into hers. "You make this so much more difficult than it needs to be". His voice dropped, serious, yet soft.

"All i'm asking is for you to be here when this all over"? Valour's voice suddenly grew, not nearly as small as it had been moments before.

"I have a duty to them! And i'm going to make sure none of those grounders are left standing. Regardless of the price it comes at".

It was like a punch to the gut. Every time it played.

"Try. At least try. Be here. When this is over". She has plead. The desperation leaking into her voice.

"Of course, sunshine".

"I'm tired of puking". Harper complains.

Pulling Valour from her thoughts, which she greet thankfully. The memories were like wounds that she had to reopen everyday. She couldn't tell which pain was worse. The one in her heart, or the physical   pain in her body.

But Harper was right. Every meal she ate, seemed to end up in the toilet, leaving her stomach constantly growling.

"I'm tired of being a human pincushion". Nathan adds, from where he sits cross legged on the bed.

"Look, I know this sucks, but as long as it seems like we're cooperating, we're buying ourselves time". Jasper tries to explain.

"Time for what"? Nate interjects. "I say if we're gonna die in here, we might as well die trying to escape". He says, looking in between the 6 others.