16

She was powerful, not because she wasn't scared, But because she went On despite the Fear↠

On despite the
Fear

Valour was one of the lucky ones. Within a day and a half of her contracting the sickness, in had come and gone. Blood no longer stained her cloths, under her nails, her hair, or her face. She was beyond thankful it hadn't taken her life, like it had nearly two dozen others. She had a different outlook, she no longer felt so hopeless, and seen it as a second chance. She also took it as her chance to visit the grave where Wells had been buried. It wasn't hard to find someone who knew, and showed her one of the first graves to have to been dug. But now many sat beside him, teens lost to the grounders, the sickness, amongst other things.

Wells was one of the good ones. There was no doubt in her mind about that. They had barley spoken a few words to each other over the last few years, but he had always had a heart of gold. They were similar in many ways, which may have been why they clashed heads often in their friendship. But also why it was always resolved so quickly. Wells was an optimist just like her, his hope was something he held onto like a lifeline. He was kind, and caring, and didn't in the least deserve the end he had gotten. She found a patch of flowers not too far from the dropship, which she picked quickly. If it was discovered she had gone beyond the walls, alone, and with a meagre knife, she'd never hear the end of it from Clarke or Bellamy. She returned back to the grave of Wells, using a long piece of grass to tie the flowers into a bouquet of bright pink.

"May we meet again". She mutters the words, placing the batch of flowers onto the dirt.

Without a single tear, she returned to camp, knowing eventually she'd have to deal with it. Just not yet. As she walks into camp she immediately takes notice of the ravaging orange and red flames that eat up the makeshift area where they smoked their meat.

"Fire"! Yells break out.

Valours jogs towards the flames, watching as a hunched over Octavia is supported by Bellamy.

"Are you okay"? He asks her, sitting her down on a rock.

She nods with a rasping cough, blotches of soot on her face.

"You sure"? Valour chimes in.

The girl nods with a weak smile, throwing up a thumbs up in confirmation.

"This is all your fault"! Murphy stands up, Valour having yet to take in he was right behind Octavia. "We told you it was too much wood"! He approaches another boy.

"Get the hell away from me"! The boy yells back, which is met with Murphy's fist, meeting the boys face, who returns the deed.