17

All this pain will teach youEverything worthKnowing↠

Everything worth
Knowing

Valour felt sick to her stomach thinking about Monty, Finn, and Clarke. They didn't truly know whether they were dead or alive, what the grounders had done, or plan to do with them. Just like that, her friends were gone. Out of her reach, and she was as close to helpless in the situation. She could only hope at the moment, that those she cared about were still alive, and stayed that way until help came.  All around her people mine the ground, making place for the landmines they plan on placing in them. Meant for the grounders if they do retaliate any further. Which they were expecting, just a matter of when.

The sound of a gunshot ringing out causes Valour to jump, her head whipping in the direction of the sound. Maybe the grounders has decided now was the time. She stands, watching Bellamy approach a boy standing watch.

"Hey!The hell is the matter with you"? He yells.

"I-I'm Sorry man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day". The boy stutters.

Bellamy takes ahold of the boy roughly by the collar of his jacket, pushing him further into the wood he leans on. "We've all been on watch, all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder"!

It's clear to Valour that the anger in his voice isn't simply for the boy. He's scared. They all are.

"Bell, you're scaring people". Octavia Steps in.

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but the time is up"! Bellamy addresses all of them now. "The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp"!

Valour feels the sting of tears in her eyes at the mention of the three. She doesn't believe it. That they're gone. A part of her knows it's a possibility, but she can't grasp the idea that they're gone... But she also can't grasp the fact that the Ark is too.

"This camp is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work!" And with that he turns from them.

Valour looks around her, at the teens who's fear is clear as day on their faces. Jasper stands just a little ahead of her, the same expression as everyone else on his face, Raven too.

"Hey". She approaches the girl as she returns to the area she'd been working on.

"Hey V".

"I don't think they're dead". Valour says lowly.

Ravens eyes meet hers, the tears in them shining in the moonlight. "Nether do I". She says with a slight smile. "But Bellamy made it clear we're not sending a search party out for them". She shakes her head. "He thinks, they're 'dead'"