15

Your heart tells you Big things inLittle ways Listen

Big things in
Little ways
Listen

Hope. It ran through her veins like blood. From a young age Valour believed that things would get better, and many times she was let down. But that hope never wavered, not even under the hand of a man who treated her as if she were the dirt under his shoes. It never wavered, until Earth. It had changed her in the short few weeks since she had arrived. The way she spoke,the way she thought, altered in some small way, but she took notice. As she walked through the woods, gun in hand, she thought. If it were the Ark, she would've already had a dozen break downs. She would've cried until her eyes went dry. She would've allowed herself to feel the emotions she now buried deep within. But how long until those bottled up emotions exploded like a horribly done science experiment? She couldn't help but fear that very moment. She was afraid if she did cry, she'd be seen as weak, she couldn't be weak down here. But she was even more afraid that if she allowed herself to feel what she'd been through, she wouldn't be able to stop.
It made her heart feel heavy within her chest, a sinking feeling she couldn't quite shake.

"Why so quiet Sunshine"?

She didn't need to turn her head to know who the voice belonged to. Her reply was simple, and not exactly a reply, just a simple shrug of the shoulders. The gun pulled down at her body, the weapon she barley had any idea how to even use. She never really learned, not even as Bellamy and the others taught them how. She hated the way the cool metal felt in her hands. It was such a simple thing, yet it held such power, and destruction. It didn't belong in her hands, but everyone else held one, and she felt obligated too also.

"Seriously". Bellamy tried again. "It's gonna pass you know"?

"Hm"? She looks upwards at him, as if she were in some sort of daze.

His eyes scanned the area, the closest person to them being Monty, who most likely couldn't even hear them with how low their voices are.

"This sickness. Another thing we'll over come". He nods confidently.

"Yeah sure".  Her voice is barley above a whisper, and lacking it's usual optimism.

She knew it would, but what would come after? The grounder attack? She could barley aim the gun, and was expected to use it to end another persons life? It was the total opposite of what she had chosen as a career on the Ark.

"And after that"?

"After that. We win this war against the grounders". He nods. "We survive".