2.5

He drank the sunrise right from the sky, it's fire reminded him of her

reminded him of
her

As Clarke inquires about the dead mountain man, Valour uses her time to learn more about the mountain. It isn't difficult to track down Gus amongst the crowd, and Valour easily slips inline behind him, without the chatty women behind them noticing.

"Didn't see you there". He smiles looking over his shoulder.

"Why do you think I was never caught on the ark for theft". She raises a brow playfully.

She doesn't trust anyone here, Gus included. But so far, despite her threatening his life just a day earlier, he's nothing but nice towards her, no hostility, or grudge seeming to be held.

This earns a laugh from him.
"Really? you have to tell me more". He says as he hands a plate over to her. "Have you tried the cake"? He asks as they reach near end of the table of food.

"No, not yet". She holds her plate out, as he scoops one of the larger slices onto it.

She'd only ever read about the desert in books, and seen nearly hundred year old photos of the three decker ones used in celebration. But all of that was left on Earth, and none of those delicacies were brought to the Ark.

They find a rather empty table to sit at, Valour across from Gus, and a few people quietly conversing a few chairs over.

"I've heard you been busy". He smirks, taking a bite out of his food.

Valour supresses a laugh. "Word really gets around here quick, huh"?

"Theres less then 400 of us. Eveythings gets around"-- he snaps his fingers. "Like that"!He laughs. "Now, you really gotta elaborate about the whole theft thing". He leans in with interest.

"My father is respected on the Ark apart of the guard, and a council members, as was my mother, she was a surgeon alongside Clarke's mom". Was. He was gone too. "I was always really quite, even as a little kid. My dad always had high expectations of me, so I also knew from a very young age what was expected of me. Anyway that gave everyone the idea that that's exactly who I was. A good quite girl who could do no harm. So when I was helping my dad look through few things around the Ark. I took one thing, and than another. Almost everything is tradable on the ark.I enjoyed the little adrenaline rush i'd get if i'm being honest. But no one ever looked my way". She takes a sip of the juice.

"If i'm being honest that makes sense. When I first seen you, you didn't look like a much of a threat. Especially huddled in the bed, you looked so small. But damn near pissed my pants when I walked into that room". He almost chokes on his food failing to suppress his laughter.

"Gosh. I'm so so sorry". Valours covers her mouth,also trying not to laugh.

"I get it, I really do. My dads in surveillance, we've known about you since the first landed. It's when they realized you weren't like the outsiders when they...Aided you".