10

She was either wildly naive,Or dangerously intelligent

Or dangerously intelligent

Valour Kane was more like her mother then her father could ever manage to get a grip on. Not only didn't she strongly resemble the late Lyanna Kane, but she also held the fierce belief that people were truly good. Even the bad, the terrible, the most worse, were good at heart. She's an optimist, always believing that deep down everything would work out the way it needed to. But as she stood there, knife in hand, she felt her faith waver in what she had always believed. She'd barley been on the ground for 24 hours, yet she'd faced more death and fear then she had in her short eighteen years of life. Watching one of her closest child hood friends almost lose his life in front of her very eyes sent a mix of feelings coursing through her veins. Apart of her felt stuck, like she was frozen mid crumble. But another part of her felt alive. Felt hopeful, that if they could get through this, they could get through anything.

Slowly she pulls the knife which seems to be trying to pull it self back into Finn. He groans, his face red, and brows furrowed as both Clarke and Raven hold him down. The storm ravaging outside shakes the ship, her hands have steadied an enormous amount since earlier. Though she'd always found her hands shaking in fear, they also seem to steady when she truly needs it, a 'healers hands', her mother would say.

"Almost there". She lets out breathlessly.

Finn continues to let out moans of pain his body tense as she continues to pull the foreign object out of him. But as she's just about there, the dropship rattles dramatically, so strong it sends Valour-knife in hand crashing to the ground, a sharp pain erupting just below her shoulder. She watches as both Clarke, Raven and lastly Finn all are forced to the ground too.

"Clarke"! Abby's voice calls through the radio.

Screams and voices erupt from the few others on the first floor of the dropship, Valours eyes falling to the pulsating feeling in her left arm. Her jaw clenches as her eyes work it's way down the knife, which sticks out of her arm effortlessly. Blood trickles through her jacket staining the mud green colour a dark red.

"Clarke, what happened, can you hear us"?

Valour can't seem to focus, as her eyes continue to stick to the knife sticking out of her, just like it did Finn.

"It's out". She can hear Raven from the other side of the table.

"Valour"? Clarke asks rounding the table only to stop in her tracks.

"Whoops". Valour mutters feeling a smile pull at the corner of her lips.

"What"? She can hear Raven before she too stands over Valour. "Wow".