2.9

You are allowed to be both
a masterpiece and a
work in progress
simultaneously
-Sophia Blush

She felt suffocated. As if her body could finally feel the fact that they were in a sealed bunker with no way out. It made her throat tight, palms sweaty, and her stomach twist uncomfortably.

She felt powerless. A feeling she had grown too accustomed to. But the familiarity of it, is what was nearly unbearable. Maybe her mind has finally come to terms with the fact that Grey was alive, and on Earth. Her earth. Her haven away from the trapped walls in space with him. The stress of Harper going missing no help to the situation.

They took her. They had to. There was no way out, easily. And Harper wasn't Clarke. She wouldn't have escaped on her own. So the question was, where were they keeping her? and What did they want?

Nathan's hand is warm on her shaking knee, causing her bodies shakes to come to a halt.
"You alright"? He asks next to her, concern his his dark eyes, and cards in his hands.

"Worried. It's driving me insane". She sighs heavily.

"I know what you mean. Seems like every time we take a step forward, we end up 2 steps back". He shakes his head.

"Let's hope our next couple steps forward are enough to get us out of this hell hole". She scoffs, before her eyes dart to the opening dorm door.

Miller turns up the music as Maya and Jasper inch closer, the music working to block out their voices.

"Anything"? Jasper asks as Maya take a seat beside Valour.

They all shake their heads in response. Their morning and afternoon spent trying to find out anything that could possibly help them find Harper. But so far they had all come up empty handed.

"Keep looking". He continues. "Whatever happened to Harper, someone must have seen something".

"How many places could she be? We're in a sealed bunker". Nate points out.

"There has to be rooms we don't know about. Places that aren't mapped". Jasper adds.

"Well is it possible"? Nathan looks to Maya expectantly.

"I doubt it, but maybe". She replies with a furrow of her brows.

"Thanks. You are just a big help". Nate replies back hostilely, pulling back.

"Easy, Miller. Maya is on our side". Jasper cuts in.

"Are you sure about that"?

Valour was still on the fence about Maya. Not allowing herself to fully trust the girl. After all, these were her people. And Earth has proven that the only people she could trust, were her friends. Too much was at stake to allow her trust to reach any further.

"Yes. I'm sure. She's risking more than any of us". Jasper says so strongly, there was no doubt he didn't trust her.

"Really? Is she gonna end up in the kennel too, if she gets caught"? He shoots back.