12

She was why poetry wasInvented, to describe Girls like her

Invented, to describe
Girls like her

"My friends this is a historic Unity day. Every year we mark the moment our ancestors of the 12 stations joined to form the ark. But this is the last time we do so whole aboard her. Next year,On the ground". Applause breaks out around Jaha, the screen glitching every few seconds from the poor connection.

"Right. After we did all the work". Miller scoffs. "Someone shut him up".

"You Shut up Miller". Raven shoots back. "No ones forcing you to watch".

Valour smirks as she walks always from the screen, hearing as Jaha announces the fact that the first batch of reinforcements will be sent down in less then 60 hours. Apart of her is nervous, another half finally happy that they won't be alone making such decisions on their own. Bellamy and Clarke had done their best, everyone knew that, but at the end of the day they were all still teens, making life and death decisions. But soon enough that weight would be lifted off their shoulders.

"Whoo! Monty strikes again"! Jasper calls out, a large metal container in his hand. "Hey! Call this batch unity day juice! Who's thirsty"?

Cheers erupt around them as teens gather around Jasper, for Montys famous moonshine. Valour however isn't amongst the group. Her mind still trying to wrap itself around the fact they will no longer be alone. She remembers not too long ago when they were running for their lives in the Forrest, the fear that struck her the uncertainty she had felt. But now, knowing the guard is set to be here in less then 3 days allowed relief to fill her.

As night comes the celebrations continue, as do the drinks. Valour finally treats herself to one of Monty's cups of moonshine, the scent of the drink strong as she brings it to her lips. It's bitter against her tastebuds, burning her throat, and sending a warmth spreading throughout her chest. She paces herself, only allowing one cup to pass her lips. She'd never been a heavy drinker, not even on the evenings Miller, and herself would trade their findings with Nygel for a flask of moonshine. Though she'd always oddly enjoyed the burning sensation she'd feel afterwards. As she places the tin down a hand falls on her shoulder, causing her to jump- a habit.

"Sorry to scare you". Finn apologizes removing his hand.

"N-no it's fine". She smiles straightening her posture. "What's up"?

Finns eyes dart around, as if looking for any who may be listening in on their conversation. "It's Octavia. She snuck out awhile ago, and I think we both know where too. I... Have an idea. You up for it"?

Valour had never been one to turn down an adventure, especially one that could possibly benefit everyone she cares about. As they walk in the direction of Lincoln's cave Finn fills her in on his idea, one she can't help but feel obligated to go along with. Peace, is what he wanted, what they all wanted. But Finn was the first person to actually act on that hope. His goal was to get their leader, as well as true grounders leader to talk, workout some sort of truce. To stop the bloodshed.