13

Was I too soft Or was the World  tooHard?↠

Was I too soft
Or was the
World too
Hard?

Valours heart feels heavy as they walk amongst the ruins of the exodus ship, the one that was carrying Abby. The thought of the women not being alive made her heart ache, how could she be gone? Just like that, stripped from the world in a spilt second. Embers still burn around the charred metal, also taking out the trees that had stood in the area. Her eyes scan their surroundings, the machine parts, thick pieces of metal, and black burned Skelton's. She feels her eyes grow hot with tears, rib cages, skulls, spines. It makes her stomach churn.

"Stay sharp. Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when". Bellamy warns the small group.

"Can you blame them"? Finn shoots.

"No, I blame you". Bellamy snaps back.

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns"—

"If we didn't bring guns, we all would've been killed". Raven interrupts.

Valour tunes out the trios bicker, as she crouches down to look over a skeleton, it's mouth open, as if mid scream when they had hit the ground. She wonders if any of the ones she'd come across so far had belonged to Abby. What had been running through her mind in those last moments? Clarke? Jake?  Knowing of what awaited her as they fell to the ground-death.
Her heart also aches for Clarke, though the girl had not  yet to allow Valour to comfort her. And she didn't blame her. she was in the same situation, not too to long ago, with Wells, she'd bottle up what she had felt, because now wasn't the time. Maybe Clarke felt the same way. They had too much going on for her to feel those emotions.

"Clarke stop"! Raven yells, Valour turning her head to watch as the girl runs in Clarke direction, Finn, and Bellamy doing the same.

Fear struck Valour, and she too followed along with the two boys. As she reaches where the two girls stand, she notices the purple liquid that drips from a machine part.

"Highly unstable in nonsolid form". Raven explains. "If this stuff meets fire. We're all pink mist". She picks up a rock, dipping it in the substance. "Fire in the hole"! She yells throwing the rock towards an area of embers. It lands creating a ball of fire that shoots upwards, a mix of red and orange. "We need to clear the area". Ravens announces.

Valour turns her head to Bellamy who nods. "Okay then. We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot". He informs the others. "We got to get back before dark"!

The walk ahead was long, though Valour didn't mind. With the weapons they possessed, she had felt much more safer then she had before, and she could walk without feeling the need to look over her shoulder every few seconds. Though she continued to, but not because of the grounders, but Clarke. She had barley said a word the whole trip. Slowing down she walks along side Clarke for a few minutes before saying anything.