2.4

Asleep or awake, I dream
of you all
the same

The number of teens had dwindled immensely since their arrival, and her own. Under 50  in total, out of the 103 of them. Her stomach twists at the thought of how many of them had been lost in such a short period of time. According to Dante there was no sign of the Ark, but something about the man didn't quite sit right with her. She knows what her eyes had see that night as she ran through the thicket of trees alongside Lincoln and Finn, the dozens of reapers behind them. Their plan did work, for a short while they were able to ready themselves as the reapers helped pick off some of their enemies beyond the wall. But despite all of that going on, she had seen it. The sudden burst of light amid the darkened sky. Her eyes had met Lincolns dark ones, that looked more like pits of darkness then eyes, due to the lack of light. But there was no doubt in her mind that it was the Ark. That somehow their people had survived long enough to make the trip to Earth. Which also gives the possibility that the only family she has left, could have been on it.

"Miller"! Someone further in the room calls out.

Valour turns her head in his direction, smiling as the boy finally makes his appearance. He wears a long sleeved, light blue button down, and dark pants. In his hand the same information pack they had all been given. Valour joins where Jasper and Clarke are gathered, the next bunk bed over as Miller also reaches them, the girl from yesterday beside him. Valour barley glancing at her.

"Hey" Shes smiles, at the boy, the two wrapping their arms around each other. They'd never been close, but they had grown up around each other, and even for a short time had an agreement with Nygel when it came to trading. Learning that he was, and is fine is a relief.

"Miller, i'm glad your're okay". Clarke nods.

The last time Valour had seen him he was across the main floor of the drop ship from her, just after Raven and Jaspers plan had worked, and after Anya had nearly been beaten. She pushes the memory that follows away. The sight forever etched in her mind.

"Yeah, only took. what, 3 surgeries"?He looks over at the girl for confirmation.

She nods with a shy smile, her eyes never meeting anyone elses.

"I hear you're both fitting right in". He says, his eyes  filled with  curoisty, Valour shoots a look at the girl, who momentarily looks at her, before she  reverts her eyes.

"Twice a day, don't forget". The dark haired girl hands over a pill bottle to Miller with a pursed smile. "You'll be okay in a few days. Here". She also removes the bag from her arm, giving it to Miller.

"Thanks".

"Maya, top of the morning...Is a very dumb thing to say that I saw in an old movie once" Valour over hears Jasper, who walks along side the dark haired girl- -Maya.

Just as Valour turn away, her eyes snap up at the sound of blaring alarms, just like they had heard yesterday, as they had tried to make their escape, though its not nearly as loud. Clarke jumps down from the top bunk, stopping Maya in her tracks.

"Hey, whats going on"? Clarke questions.

"That signal means the surface patrol is back and someone needs medical attention. I have to go to quarentine". She slips past Clarke without another word.

"Hey. Clarke what are you doing"? Jasper asks, stopping her as she had moves to follow Maya.

Valour not far on her heels. If there's any chance that it could've been their people, she has to know.

"Maybe they found survivors. If our people are hurt, we have a right to know". She wriggles herself from his grasp.

"I'm pretty sure we shouldn't just go wand-"

Valour doesn't stick around long enough to hear him. Clarkes right. They've lost so many already, if they could save any of their people that still may be out there, she'd do what was needed. Jasper follows behind, as they jog in the direction Maya had went in. They round the corner, finding numerous people, dressing themsleves in the same suite Gus had been in when he had introduced himself.

"They were attacked. One dead. Hes in room  two. The other took off his gloves and mask to treat him. Hes still in decon, but he'll need treatment as soon as hes processed through". One of the men say, as they reach the samll group.

"Who attacked them"? Clarke asks.

"What are they doing here"? He turns to Maya, ignoring the question.

Valour doesn't wait. Instead her eyes scan the people around them, and the key cards a couple of them wear. If he wont give them answers, they'll find out themselves. Valour rips the keycard from the mans shirt so quickly, he doesn't have time to respond before she already takes off in the direction of the door, yells of protests behind her.

"Hey stop! It's not safe"!

"It is for us". Clarke responds behind behind her, as Valour swipes the card.

The door beeps, clicking open, in front of her.

"Come on Jasper". She hears Clarke say as she enters.

Past the door is a short white hallway she runs down, which leads to another decorated with paintings, just like alot of the mountain, as well as statues, and doors that vary left, and right.

"Valour slow down"! Jasper calls after her.

She moves left, pushing the door to the slightly opened room. Stopping as she lays hers eyes on the body that lies in a nearly clear body bag on the thin table. Clarke not wasting anytime as she examines the body through the bag

"Stop pushing so hard these people --"

"Are lying to us". Clarke cuts Jasper off.

Valours eyes move to the wound Clarke has her near, where a deep ciruclar wound sits.

"Its a gun shot wound". Valour mutters, more to herself, then the other two.

"Grounders don't use guns". She looks towards Jasper.

"Unless grounders got the gun from us" Jasper attempts at coming up with another logical possiblity.

"I don't think so". Clarke shakes her head beside Valour. "I think out people are alive out there"

Movement from behind them catches all of their attentions, a women with dakr hair, and tanned skin stands in the same suits the others were dressing in, appears. "Get them out of here". She orders.

Just as a man in an identical suit walks in,aiding a man who's eyes are closed, and who's arms and legs, nearly all his chest, and his, are burned an angry red colour. Radiation posioning. She'd read about it in medical textbooks, but she'd never actually seen it in person.

Two others usher the teens out of the room, and past the door they had entered.

"What now"? Valour questions.

"We get out answers".

I'm sorry, this is so short, but I've been getting a lot of requests to update ASAP, so this is all for now. But thank you all for your comments<3