14

It's ironic isn't it? How hope keeps us breathing just to kill us In the End?↠

just to kill us
In the
End?

Dead. Just like that Derek was dead. Valour had only exchanged a few words with the boy, never knew him well enough to miss him. But she did feel horrible over his death. The fact that he hadn't reached his eighteenth birthday , and had already taken his last breath, just a foot away from where she stood. Death has seemed to become a new part of her everyday life. One that she couldn't imagine herself ever getting used too. But those around her seemed to be growing accustomed to this part of their new life, and she couldn't grasp how.

"Here. Alcohol. Hold out your hand". Clarke said towards Finn, moving away from Derek's corpse.

Finn does as he's told, the alcohol being drenched over his hands.

"What do we do"? He asks, shaking the liquid from his palms.

Clarke takes few deep breaths thinking it over. "Quarantine". She answers after a few short seconds. "Round up everyone who had contact with Murphy. Bring them here".

Finn nods, quickly exiting the dropship with the important order.

"And everyone they had contact with"? Bellamy asks, referring to Connor and Derek.

"Well we have to start somewhere". Clarke says back. "Connor, who was with you when you found him. Who carried him in? Think".

The boys lips, chin, and the rim of his shirt are all stained with the crimson colour of his blood, his dark eyes meeting Clarke.

"The first one there was Octavia".

Valour's gaze immediately moves to Bellamy, who's eyes have gone wide, before he moves to leave without a word.

It didn't take long before people began willingly come into the dropship, helped by others who had also come into contact with the sickness. Clarke examined each person, to confirm whether or not they were sick, or showing the symptoms. Valour stands alongside Bellamy, both with fabric over their mouths and noses, awaiting the news that Octavia is fine.

"Okay were done. No visible signs of swelling, or bleeding". Clarke explains after examining Octavia.

Valour lets out a sigh of relief that Octavia hadn't contacted the illness too.

"so your saying she doesn't have it"? Bellamy questions.

"I'm saying she doesn't have symptoms". Clarke answers. "But that could change. We need to keep her here just in case"