2.2

In some other life we are standing side by side
And laughing that,
In some other life

We are apart
-D.j

"Your packet contains everything you need to know about Mount Weather, which I promise is not as confusing as the map on page one makes it look". The blonde women at the front of the room explains.

Valour stands near the back of the group, examining the layout of the mountain. Maybe it's the fact that surviving has been drilled into her mind her whole life, even more in the last few weeks, that she tries to find how she got from the white room, to the room containing the bunk beds, and the room they're currently. She does however notice that there isn't a single way out labeled on the map. She doesn't want to be caught off guard if this place isn't all what it seems, just like Earth. Though apart of her, so badly wants to trust the people that have taken them in, but a part of her can't help but still have her guard up.

Why after the few weeks they'd been on the ground, with so many of the teens being slaughtered, or killed by illness, did they finally decide to step in? They had to know they were here. The grounders did, and it's not like they've been quite.

"You came from level 3, which houses our medical facility including"-.

As Valour looks up from the map, movement suddenly erupts from the corner of her eye, a familiar blonde standing behind the group, a confused look on her face.

"Clarke"! Valour pushes past a couple people before she embraces the blonde.

"You're here"! Valour pulls away as the others also wrap their arms around the girl.

"You're okay". She smiles, as the rest of the teens gather to greet her. "Finn and Bellamy"? She asks as she and Jasper pull apart.

"Clarke, they uh...They didn't make it."

It was the first time she had heard anyone actually say it. That he — that they both are actually gone. That anything that could've been, would never be.

"We don't know that". Clarke retorts.

But it doesn't lessen the ache and heaviness in her heart.

"What about Raven"? She looks in between Monty, Valour, and Jasper.

Nobody says anything. She's the only one who was in the dropship that wasn't brought here. Valour can't help but think the worst. It does nothing but weigh down her chest more.

How could she lose so many people in such a short period of time? First Wells, now Bellamy, Finn, and Raven. Her closest friends, gone.

"Welcome Clarke". The blonde women who had been explaining at the front of the room makes her way in between Jasper and Monty, holding out the pack they'd all been given. "If you have any questions, I'm Keenan". The women smiles warmly before turning on her heels.

Later that day they're all brought to the same hall they'd been given the pack, where food is served. Valour places food down she'd only seen in books. Thick stew, dinner rolls, and vegetables she'd read about a red nd could've only dreamed on trying. She also takes a slice of chocolate cake, which Gus, the boy from earlier suggests. Apparently people before the bombs were obsessed with the stuff.