2.7

You still live in
the silence between
my thoughts

d.j

It comes in small waves, the feeling of emptiness somewhere deep inside she couldn't quite place. As if something was missing, off, like that one missing puzzle piece of a nearly finished puzzle. But there was no question about who it was for, even if she tried to push it all away. The memories that always sneak up in the dead of night, begging for her to replay them, just once. The only place he'll ever live again. . It causes a knot of heaviness in her chest, always there, a constant reminder of how physically broken her heart felt.

She barley hears Jaspers attempt to recruit them all to do what he did, and help the people of the mountain. Apparently this sort of treatment was something they wanted, and Jasper was who they decided as their messenger. Only a few seconds into it, did she decide against it. Not only because of the physical effects, like the vomiting Jasper did for a few short days after.But because it felt more like an obligation for their hospitality, rather than an option.

"Miller? They saved your life, right"? Jasper tries.

"Dude, you puked for 3 days". Miller, who leans on one of the beds replies.

"That was different. The normal treatments wouldn't be as bad". Jasper gestures.

"So they say". Monty adds in.

"So what then? Only puking for one day"? Miller sighs sarcastically. "Nah i'm out". He moves away from the bed, done with the conversation.

Others take it as a sign to do the same, and the group disperses. Valour moves towards Jasper with a half smile.

"Come on! They gave us cake! I got a sign-up sheet". He tries as the room empties. The others quick to rid themselves of the conversation.

"Dude. What are you doing"? Monty questions.

"What"? Jasper asks as if it's not the most obvious thing in the world.

"When did you start working for them"? Monty moves from his spot on his bed, to the spot beside Valour.

"You know what? Never mind. Now that you're better, we're going after Clarke". He switches his gaze between Jasper, and Valour.

She nods in agreement. She's leaving the mountain, there was no question about it.

"We're going to go after Clarke. Than fi"-. She starts.

"Of course. Right on time". Monty tenses beside her, as Maya enters with her usual preppy smile.

"Hey guys". She says with a smile displaying her teeth, a notepad scribbled with words that she moves up towards her in her hands.

Act Normal.

"Jasper. I'm so glad to see you're feeling better".

They're listening!!!

She looks in between the trio, her smile not faltering.

"Thanks. I am". Jasper answers causally.

She flips the note pad, revealing another page.