Finding the lost

Links POV

''Hello? Were you the first responder at the scene of the semi truck accident?'' I asked nervously.

''Yes, and you are?'' he replied rudely.  

''I'm a doctor at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, and I need to know how many victims there were at the scene.'' 

''There was the semi truck driver, the car driver, and a passenger. Why are you asking? Is there a problem?'' He answered, now curious as to what is happening. 

''A passenger!'' god it's got to be Lexie, I thought to myself. ''Could you please describe the passengers appearance, it's urgent.'' 

''Yeah. 5'7, female, long, dark hair with bangs, pregnant. Is that good enough?''

''Yes, Yes that's great. Her name is Lexie Sloan. She's an attending neurosurgeon at my hospital. I need to know what hospital she is at so I can have her transferred.'' 

''Her injuries were more extensive than the driver, so the first ambulance to arrive took her first. She has been taken to Dillard Hospital, where she has extensive injuries to her head and abdomen. Do you want me to put you through to their front office?''

''Yes, please put me through, but before you do, please tell me, did they do a head CT?'' I ask this because Derek almost died at this hospital because they didn't give him a CT, and I can't have this happen to Lexie. 

''Give me one sec I'll check in the online file'' He said as I anxiously waited. ''Yes, she has had a head CT. I'll transfer you through now.''

''Thank you for your help. Bye.'' I ended the call to him and waited impatiently for the line to click through.

''Hello, Dillard Medical Centre. Dr Blake speaking, how can I help you?'' A woman's voice answered the phone. 

''Hi, my name is Dr. Atticus Lincoln from Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital and I urgently need information on a patient of yours, Lexie Sloan.''

''Oh yes, the semi truck passenger. I believe you have the driver, if I'm not mistaken?'' replied Penny Blake.

''Yes we do, and he's going to be asking for her when he wakes up from surgery. You see, they're actually our friends and fellow colleagues at the hospital, and they were recently married, so we know they're going to ask for one another. We need her transferred ASAP, if that's alright?''

''She's actually in brain surgery right now, but as soon as she's awake, I can have her transferred, okay?'' 

''Yes that's great, thanks. Can I please have live updates on her status, and have her file emailed over to me?''

''Yep, i'll get a nurse to share the file with you, and give you updates. She shouldn't be too much longer in surgery, she's been in for a while.'' 

''Okay thank you so much Dr. Blake. May I ask, were you a doctor on her case?''

''Yes, I was. I'm a trauma fellow so i'm not in her surgery right now, but I ordered her head and abdominal CT, and x-rays on her limbs.'' she replied. 

''Well thank you Dr. Blake, for the head CT, I mean. My friend, Derek Shepherd, almost died at your centre 6 years ago due to the lack of a CT.''

''Oh my god...'' She muttered under her breath. ''You're friends with Derek Shepherd?'' She questioned worryingly. 

''Yeah, he's Lexies brother-in-law. Why?''

''I was on his case, 6 years ago.'' she paused. ''I was an intern, so no one listened to me when I said we should order a CT, and when his inter cranial pressure began to rise, I was the one who performed the burr holes that saved his life.'' 

''Seriously! Wow thank you so much for saving his life, and Lexie's.'' 

''It's the least I could do, really'' 

''Thank you for your help, I'll see Lexie soon. Bye''

''Bye'' The phone call beeped to an end. 

Derek's POV

Link has been on the phone for what seems to be an eternity. Maybe Amelia is having problems? Who knows. All I know is I need to get this patient into brain surgery right now, or his brain is going to swell. I look over and see Link put his phone into his pocket, so I assume the phone call is over. As i'm scrubbing my hands in the scrub room, I notice Link keeps checking his phone. Something's wrong, but it's going to have to wait for later. I've got a patient to save. 

''Okay every one, it's a beautiful day to save lives, let's have some fun. Bohkee, scalpel.''

I'm about half way through the surgery when I notice his brain is starting to swell. I cant find the bleeder anywhere and if I don't, he will die, all alone, no name, no friends and family... just alone. I'm not going to let that happen. 

''Suction.... more suction! Got it! I got the bleeder. Great job everybody.'' The beeping on the monitor steadied, and the patient became stable.

''Okay it's time to close. Someone page my wife, and Link and tell them the patient is ready for his internal organs, and limbs to be operated on.''

''Okay. Nice work Dr. Shepherd.'' An intern congratulated. 

''Thank you.'' 

*Derek exited the OR and Meredith and Link entered to do their surgery's*

Meredith's POV

This poor guy. He's got no name, no family, no one rooting for him to come out of this alive. I feel bad for him. But i'm going to save him. Derek has done his part, now it's time for ours. 

''Link, you ready?''

"Yep.''

''Okay, Bohkee, 10-blade.'' 

*4 hours later*

The surgery went great. He was stable the whole time and there were no complications. Now we just need to make sure he's neurologically fine, and he doesn't get an infection. Now that he's in the ICU recovering, and Jackson is stitching up and clearing the wounds to the face, the John Doe looks extremely familiar, but he's probably just an old patient of the hospitals or something. He's probably no one significant in my life. But just to make sure I'm going to ask Link if he's received any details about our patient.  

''Hey! Link!'' I yell trying to catch up to him down the hall.

''Hey Mer, what's up?''

''Have you received any personal information about our John Doe yet? I asked Derek and Jackson but they have no clue who he is.'' Link stared blankly at me, and the silence was just a little too long. 

''You know who he is, don't you?''

''Maybe I do. But if I tell you, you have to promise not to freak out, and promise not to tell Derek, or put it on his chart. Okay?''

''Yeah okay.. I promise. Now who is it?!'' I responded impatiently. There was a silent pause, that was probably only a few seconds long, but felt like a lifetime.

''It's Mark..... The John Doe is Mark.'' 

Shock and disbelief rolled through my body. If Mark was in the car, where's Lexie?

A/N:

Thank you so much guys for the views and votes! It means so much! Please keep reading and voting and comment any ideas in the comment section below. I'll update again soon.