Somebody said you got a new friend

Elenas POV

As much as I loved last night, I need to mash it down and forget about it, besides, I have more important things to worry about. As I walk into the hospital lobby, I'm immediately greeted by the familiar hustle and bustle of nurses, families and doctors running around trying to save lives. The noise, the energy, it's so exhilarating. I don't know why anyone does drugs, because surgery, being a doctor, that's the greatest high you could ever have. But I'm not just here for a job, I'm here for a purpose. There is one specific reason I've come to Grey Sloan. I need to find my brother. 

I have one picture of him. I'm not sure how old it is, so I don't know what he looks like now but I'm sure it will help. The ER is probably the best place to start looking for him, so I make my way down there. I only just found out about my brother, my parents kept him a secret from me my entire life. Now, being 29, my father decided to tell me, but it just so happens that he was also dying when he told me. His last words were my brothers name, so now I feel obligated to find him, out of respect for him. My mom died when I was young, so I'm all alone, unless I find him. I need to find my big brother. I wonder what he's like? I wonder if he's married, has kids? I wonder if he's a good person? I hope he is a good person because I really need him. It's been hard, recovering from my fathers recent death, and it would be really nice to have someone to talk to about it with. Someone that knows him, the real him. But maybe he doesn't know the real him. I mean, it's not like my brother visited us, so maybe they haven't seen each other in a while. I have so many questions that I need to ask him, so I have to find him. Finally, the elevator comes and it opens to a crowd of doctors. Maybe I can ask someone if they know where he is? 

But just as I walk in, I notice someone familiar, and that's when I realise..... the dude I slept with last night, Stefan, is a doctor here. Not only is he a doctor, but an attending, he could possibly even be a head of department. I try to turn and face the other way, hoping he doesn't notice me but what do you know, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I exhale and slowly turn around to face him and I meant to smile, but this horrible shocked face came out instead. Oops. 

''Elena, what are you doing here?'' He asked.

''Well I could ask you the same question!'' I respond in a way louder whisper than I intended, since we're still in the elevator. 

''I work here!'' We both said in unison. Seriously, of course this would happen to me. I meet a charming guy at a bar and he turns out to probably be my boss. I have great luck, don't I. 

''It's my first day.'' I continue.

''Same.'' 

''Oh my god, this can't be happening. Of course this happens to me.'' I say slightly rambling. 

The elevator dings and we both step out. I take a few steps until I am yanked sideways by Stefan and into a supply closet. 

''What are you doing?!'' I ask now speaking louder. 

''Trying to talk to you, what do you think I'm doing?!"

''Oh I don't know, trying to get a quickie in the closet? I don't even know you and you're dragging me into supply closets!'' I reply smartly. 

''Well I wanna talk, and we can't do it in the hallway.''

''And why not?''

''Because people will see us!''

''And?''

''And... I don't know I just don't want to talk out there.''

''Okay well I have somewhere to be and other people to find so if you'll excuse me..'' I say while manoeuvring myself around him and out the door. He follows me out and tries to talk to me again but I just keep walking. I cannot believe that my one night stand is now my co-worker! You've got to be kidding me.

Finally I'm in the ER. I take a look around and see lot's of doctors tending to patients. I pull out my picture and look around trying to find someone who looks similar to it until I notice him, sitting on a stool next to a patients bed doing facial sutures. I walk over there, take a deep breathe and mentally prepare to introduce myself to him.

''Hi, excuse me, but are you Mark Sloan?'' I ask extremely nervously.

''Yes I am, and you are?'' He replies. He seems nice enough so far.

''I'm Elena, D..Dr. Elena Sloan and I'm pretty sure you're my brother.'' The look that fell upon his face is one that I have never quite seen before. It was a mixture of shock, disbelief, astonishment, surprise and it honestly freaked me out a little bit. I flicked my long brown ponytail over my shoulder and started playing with my fingers while I waited for a response. Instead, he yelled out for someone named 'Avery' who was across the ER and then excused himself from the patient while this 'Dr. Avery' took over. He signals for me to follow him and we walk to the nearest empty bed to have a conversation.

''You're my what?''

''Sister.''

''No, I'm sorry, there has to be a mistake. I don't have any siblings.''

''Well you do now, you have me. Mom and Dad just never told you about me, and they never told me about you, until dad died and he told me to find you.'' Again, more shock fell upon his face. He looked like he had seen a ghost. 

''Look, you don't have to be my brother, not if you don't want to. But I've got a job here, I'm a trauma surgeon and I would really like to keep working here, it looks like a great place. I mean, you don't even have to talk to me, I think it's just good to know who you are. It's closure-''

''Stop, you're rambling. I just don't understand. Why would dad keep this from us?'' He asked. He seemed to have calmed down a little now, he's regained a bit of colour back to his face.

''I honestly don't know, but I would really like to get to know you, and I would really like to be your sister, if you want?'' I ask. 

''I um- I need a second. I need to go talk to my best friend and my my wife and I'll meet you back here at... let's say 3pm? Is that alright?''

''Thats fine by me. Thanks for listening to me. I'll see you soon.'' I conclude.

''Yeah, I'll see you soon.'' And he walked away. 

A/N:

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! And look at me updating often 😂. Please take 30 seconds to vote and comment as it really helps grow my story. Thanks so much for 1k and happy reading my lovelies xxx