I bet you even tell her how you love her

Teddy's POV

''I can't believe you're here! How long has it been? 8-9 years?'' I asked surprised. 

''Yeah, something like that!''

''Wait, do you need my insurance again?'' I asked jokingly. 

''No, well yes if you're offering!'' He said sarcastically. We laughed for a bit until it sunk in and I realised he was actually here.

''I'm glad to see you here, you look great!''

''So do you!'' He replied with a smile.

''Do you have anyone to look after you after the surgery?'' I asked. This is basically my way of asking if he's single or not, without really asking him.

''I mean I had a wife, but we got divorced 8 or 9 years ago.'' He said very seriously at the start, but burst into chuckles at the end.

''Ha ha very funny.''

''But seriously, my sister is looking after me. What about you?''

''What about me what?''

''Oh come on, we both know you basically just asked if I was single or not, so what about you?''

''Wow, was it that obvious?''

''Yep!''

''Haha yeah okay, I'm dating someone.''

''Is it serious?''

''It was, but I'm not so sure now.''

''Oh, did that kiss make you change your mind on him?''

''Henry, no. He want's to have a baby and doesn't understand that I'm not ready and he keeps pressuring me. But I should not be talking about this with you, you are my patient, and you have a small tumour near your heart that I need to remove.''

''Oh forget about the tumour. What's his name, I'll give him a piece of my mind!'' I was silent. ''What? Do I know him or something?''

''Actually, yeah, you do.''

''Don't tell me it's that Mark guy!''

''NO, he just married someone else. Actually his wife just gave birth recently.''

''Really! Mark... Married? Child? Never would have guessed!''

''Me either!''

''Ohh what about Owen? Is it him?'' I looked at the floor and didn't say a word.

''It is. I'm gonna go find him and talk to him.''

''No! He might hurt you!''

''What? Why?''

''Uhh i don't know.. maybe because we used to be married?!''

''Yeah, for insurance! If he's jealous over that he has some serious issues!''

''That's not really it.''

''What do you mean?''

''I might have said the reason I can't have a kid with him, or marry him, is because a part of me still loves you.'' The room was completely silent.

''You loved me, you love me?!'' He said, almost in disbelief. I was too embarrassed to say anything, so I nodded my head slightly. Luckily it was night-time so there were less doctors or nurses around.

''I loved you too, you knew that right?''

''What! No, I did not know that!''

''Are you serious!''

''Yes! I didn't know.'' I said raising my voice slightly.

''Well that would have saved us a divorce, right?!''

''Sure would have!'' We we're silent again, it was slightly awkward.  ''Well I have to go, I will get a nurse to prep you for surgery in a few hours.'' And then I scurried out of the room. As soon as I got out of the room and down the hall a bit, my phone rang. I was still very close to the room, but I didn't realise at the time. It was Owen, of course it was Owen!

O: Where are you!

T: The hospital, like I told you.

O: But you're not in an on-call room, I asked a nurse to check.

T: I had a patient. Why are you being so insecure!

O: Well you did just tell me you were in love with your ex.

T: I said a part of me still loves him. It's mostly due to the fact that we never acted on our feelings, I don't know what it would have been like.

O: Who cares! You have me!

T: I care, I loved him and I want to know what it would hav been like! Plus this is not a conversation I would like to be having with you, especially on the phone. If we're gonna talk about our relationship, we'll talk in person!

O: Fine, but just think of Leo!

T: Leo is not my kid, he's yours. You adopted him, not me. Plus if we break up, you'll probably find someone else to marry by the end of the month!

O: You did not just say that to me!

T: Oh I did, because it's true! I would have been your fourth fiancé. I've been married once, and it was for INSURANCE!

O: I can't speak to you anymore.

T: Neither can I. Good bye!

The phone hung up and I leant my back against the wall. I sunk down and hugged my knees while sitting on the floor and a tear rolled down my cheek. What I didn't know was that Henry heard that whole conversation, including what Owen said because he was yelling so loud through the phone. All of the sudden, Jo walked down the hall and noticed me on the floor.

''Teddy, are you alirght?''

''Yeah, yeah, I'm fine.'' I said while standing up and wiping a tear away from under my eye.

''No you're not! What's wrong!''

''Nothing, seriously! I'm Okay!''

''Not you're not! You can tell me what's wrong, you know that right?''

''It's just, me and Owen just had a horrible fight, and my ex-husband is in a room down the hall and I haven't seen him in 8 years, and I'm still in love with him and I don't know what to do!'' I blurted out in a ramble as I started crying heavier.

''Aww Teddy.'' Jo said as she pulled me into a hug, I could feel her stomach poking into mine, almost as if she was pregnant. ''Everything will sort it's self out, don't worry. I'm here for you if you need it.'' She continued while pulling away from the hug and fixing my hair.

''Thanks Jo, you're a really great friend!'' I could tell she's pregnant now. Now that I had noticed it, I couldn't un-notice it.

''Jo, can I ask you something?''

''Sure!''

''Are you pregnant, and you didn't tell me!''

She sighed and then smiled. ''Yes I am! But I haven't told many people so don't say anything. Plus we shouldn't be talking about this while you're upset!''

''Trust me, I need the distraction!''

''I bet!''

''So, how are you gonna tell people?''

''I'm not sure yet. I was thin-''

''I'll help!''

''Okay then! You can help I guess.'' She said with a smile.