Who always made me doubt

Jo's POV

Ever since I found out about Izzie and Alex's fertilised embryos, I've had a gut feeling something like this was going to happen. I have always had the thought of her using the embryos in the back of my mind, but I pushed them away. I pushed the doubt away. I tried to move on with my life, with our life, and just as we had finally taken another step, it happened. The thing I doubted would ever happen, happened. And I don't know how to feel. Sad? Angry? Annoyed?Disappointed? Irritated? I don't know how to feel and it scares me. I can't even begin to imagine what Alex may be feeling. In a way, I do feel bad for him, even though he was the one who got himself into this mess in the first place. I think I'm mostly mad at the doctor who made the mistake. Everything would have been fine if the doctor hadn't have mis-labeled the specimens. Izzie would be having her baby with Denny, and Alex and I would be having our child. 

Alex's POV

The paramedics cleared me of any serious injuries but the driver was taken straight to the ER. I want to call Jo, but I need to call Izzie and tell her I'm at the hospital so she can come and meet me and we can get this damn paternity test over and done with. After I call Izzie, I will call my wife. 

*on the phone*

A: Izzie where the hell are you? I'm at the hospital, in the ER waiting for you.

I: Come to the third floor, that's where I am. I'm in one of the OBGYN rooms. 

A: Okay i'll be right there. 

*phone disconnects* 

Okay, now I need to call Jo. She's probably freaking her self out worrying over this baby, both of the babies. The one inside her, and the one inside Izzie. 

*Phone rings for a few seconds, then picks up*

A: Hey 

J: Hey, everything alright?

A: Yeah, everything's fine (I lie because I know if I tell her the truth she'll start stressing)

J: Are you sure? You don't sound alright, you sound out of breath.

A: Yeah, yeah, no I'm fine, I was just walking up some stairs. I'm about to go meet Izzie to get the test done. But enough about that, how are you doing? How's our baby?

J: Our baby's great. When you get back we gotta go to an ultrasound to see how old he or she is. 

A: Oh that's amazing, I'm so excited. I'll be home tomorrow, don't have too much fun without me. 

J: Oh don't you worry, I will. I love you, good luck. 

A: Thanks and I love you too. Bye

J: Bye 

*3 Hours later, the test has been done but they're waiting for the results* 

As we sit in the waiting room, the silence growing, my brain is arguing with itself over who the father is going to be. I'm thinking about every possible situation, everything that could ever happen, what will happen. Just as my brain is about to repeat the same process it's been doing for the last 2 hours, the doctor walks in.

"Isobel Duquette, Denny Duquette and Alex Karev?'' the doctor asked the waiting room

We all stood up, almost in unison and walked over to the doctor. 

''Hi, follow me please.'' she informed us. This is it. This is the moment we've been waiting for. The moment that defines my future, all of our futures. 

''So I have the paternity test results back, would you like me to tell you now or do you want me to give you an envelope?'' She sounded very calm while asking us this question. It was obvious that she does this everyday, dealing with paternity results I mean. 

''We'd like to know now please.'' Izzie answered.

''Okay, the father of this baby is Denny Duquette, congratulations.''

I have never felt more relieved in my entire life. It feels as if the biggest weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I feel free. I can't wait to tell Jo, she'll be so happy, and I love seeing her happy. I look over to my left and Izzie and Denny are embraced in a kiss. They're obviously over the moon about the results, me, I just can't wait to get out of here. 

*On the phone, 3 hours later at the airport*

A: Hey Jo, I have news. 

J: Oh my god, you got the results!

A: I did

J: And????

A: It's Dennys kid, not mine!

J: OH MY GOD *jo burst into laughing/crying* this is amazing! We're free!

A: We're free. I'm coming home and we never have to worry about this Izzie situation ever again!

J: Thank god for that, cause I was just starting to miss you. 

A: Oh, oh I gotta go my flight is boarding. I'll see you soon.

J: Oh, I gotta go too, I have surgery. Bye, I love you. 

A: Bye, I love you too. 

When I sit down on the plane, I notice a man next to me. I look at him and smile, but then continue to do my own thing. He then decides to introduce himself, god knows why it's such a short flight. 

''Hi, I'm Stefan. Stefan Gilbert, Dr. Stefan Gilbert.''

''Oh, Hi. I'm Dr. Alex Karev.''

''Oh, you're a doctor too? What's your specialty?''

''I'm a paediatric surgeon, what about you?''

''Wow that's so cool, I'm a Plastic Surgeon.''

''Nice, you moving to Seattle? I work at Grey-Sloan memorial hospital.''

''Yeah, I just got a contract there. I'm going to be co-head of department.''

''That's typical Mark Sloan for you! He would never give up Plastics chief. I'm actually surprised he's willing to go halves?''

''Willing is not a word I would use. Dr Bailey said he was very hesitant.''

''Oh yeah bailey is for sure under playing it. Mark is a plastics god. He lives and breathes surgery.''

''Can't wait to meet him!''  

''Yeah, you'll love him.''

*over speakers*

*Welcome aboard passengers. I hope you had a wonderful time in Kansas, but now off to Seattle. If the weather is steady the whole flight, we should be in Seattle shortly. Have a wonderful flight*