I did my best, it wasn't much, I couldn't feel so I tried to touch

*In the ER, Derek, April and Elena are working on the 4th hiker*

Aprils POV

''Ok wow, look at the frostbite. Let's get someone from plastics over here. Nurse? Can you please ask Dr. Stefan Gilbert to come and assist over here?'' I said.

''Sure thing.'' The nurse kindly replied. 

''Okay I'm here, what do we got?''  Stefan asked as he walked in.

''Sever frostbite. Way worse than the other hikers. I wonder why? If they were all together you would think they would be in similar conditions. Anyway, can you temporarily treat it so we can get him up to CT and into surgery because of the obvious head trauma.'' Derek answered. 

''Yeah, I'll start re-warming the frostbite now and de-bride while you're in surgery. That all good?'' Stefan replied. 

''Sounds great!'' I answered ''I'll leave you three to it, I've got to go help the other patients, Dr Sloan, are you all good to do general surgery, if needed?'' I asked. 

''Yes! I'm totally fine. Go, go we'll be fine.'' Elena replied. 

Elena's POV

Damnit, Damnit, Damnit. First of all, my one night stand is my coworker. What are the chances? And now I'm stuck on a case with him! Awkward! I have a feeling this is going to happen quite often, me being in trauma and him being in plastics. They sorta go hand in hand, which sucks for me. But I should not be focusing on my love life right now while there is a man in front of me with an icepick in his skull. Now that's not something you see everyday. 

''Okay let's get him up to CT so I'm not doing blind brain surgery.'' Derek said. He seemed very nice. I can tell he's got a big ego, all neurosurgeons do, but he's nice. 

''Ok I also need an abdominal CT to check for internal bleeding, his abdomen is rigid. He's also got an obvious femur and fore-arm break, looks like both the radius and ulna are broken. Someone page ortho.'' I continued. 

''Right on it!'' Stefan replied

''Thanks. Okay let's go.'' I finished. We all pushed the gurney to the elevator and went straight to the CT machine. Of course, there was a line which we very luckily got to skip due to the frightening sight of our patients head. Surprisingly, no one in the line had ever seen someone with an icepick in their skull... funny. 

Finally the CT results came up. I keep catching Stefan staring at me. I wish he would stop, it's very distracting having an extremely attractive man side-stare you. 

''Okay... woah! Massive brain haemorrhage in the frontal lobe.'' Derek stated in a surprised tone.

''Oh wow, and look at these internal injuries. Bleeding around the spleen and the appendix. Both of those might have to come out.'' I continued 

''Okay let's get him into surgery. OR 3 is available, let'g go.'' Stefan finished. Again, we push the gurney to the elevator and get in. Every time we get on the elevator, Stefan side-stares me. What is it with this hospital and elevators. I swear the elevators here are massive aphrodisiacs or something ridiculous like that. Anyway, back to the patient. 

''10 blade please, Bokhee.'' Derek said. He went to cut, but then stopped himself. ''Oh, wait, I almost forgot. It's a beautiful day to save lives.'' He finished.

''That is incredibly cheesy, you do know that right?'' Stefan said. He can't talk. He's the one that seduced me in a bar by saying 'I'm a person you have to get to know to love' and 'I'm just a guy in a bar'. Stefan is the definition of cheesy, what Dr. Shepherd said was funny and cute. 

''I think it's cool, so shut up Dr Gilbert... respectively.'' As I said this, Dr Shepherd looked at me extremely funny, almost as if he was telling me to shut the hell up with his dreamy eyes. Of course he's married, that's usually how it is with the dreamy ones. I'd say Stefan is more steamy, wait wait, no he's hunky. Definitely hunky. 

''Okay I've fixed the bleeders in the abdomen, I'm almost ready to close. How are you going Dr. Shepherd?'' I asked 

''Oh I'm going great. But I don't think this situation was an accident. It almost looks like the icepick was put there by someone. But maybe you should ask Dr Gilbert how he's going.'' Derek replied.

''Uhh- okay. How are you going Dr Gilbert?'' I asked hesitantly. I hope Dr Shepherd didn't notice anything weird about us, you know, the side-stares. Because that would be bad. It's literally our first day, we need to make a good impression. I need to make a good impression.

''I'm going fine. This patient, luckily, gets to keep all of his fingers and toes.'' He answered. Damnit he's giving me the hunky eyes. Seriously!

''Do you guys know each other? Because Dr Gilbert is staring a Dr Sloan like he's seen her naked.'' Derek blurted out. Crap, he can tell. This is not good. 

''No!'' We both said in unison

''Okay fine then. Is everyone ready to close?'' Derek asked. 

''Yes.'' Stefan responded

''Yep. All good.'' I answered 

*1 hour later. All four hikers are in a room together and the doctors are trying to figure out what happened.*

''Okay so can you repeat the story of what happened to me again please?'' Derek asked. He said something about the icepick incident not being an accident earlier so maybe he's trying to figure it out.

''We were all climbing the mountain until Jake slipped and dropped his icepick. We were all connected by a piece of rope and Jake was dangling off the mountain. He was not in good shape, and then the rope snapped, and he fell with his head landing straight onto the icepick.'' The first hiker, Nate, stated. 

''We thought he was dead. There was nothing we could have done for him, so we kept moving.'' The second hiker, Harry, continued. 

''It was really hard, you know. We were sad. We thought our friend was dead, turns out he wasn't.'' The third hiker, Leon, finished. 

''Yeah, he wasn't dead. You guys left him there suffering. He was probably wishing he would die to end the pain, but he didn't, and now he's alive. So now, we're going to get the real story out of him as the one you just told me was totally different to the one you told us in the ER earlier.'' Callie cut in and finished. I really like Dr Torres, I think we could be really good friends. And Dr Kepner, she seems really nice too. 

A/N: 

Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter is a bit boring, it's sort of a filler chapter for the rest of my ideas. Please vote and comment, it only takes 10 seconds. Please tell me what your thoughts are and what you want to see in the future, otherwise I won't be updating as much. Happy reading my lovelies xx 

ps. I might start giving shoutouts to people that vote and comment