Does she still remember

Merediths POV

''Where am I? What happened? Who are you?'' These are the three questions I had hoped Lexie would know the answer to by now, but that's not the case. As she opened her eyes, I heard those three dreaded questions her mouth, and my heart sunk knowing that my own sister doesn't remember me. Derek's gone to check on Mark, and tell him that we have Lexie here, and she's alive and well. I told Derek to wait for me before he tells Mark about Lexie's memory. 

''Lexie, you don't know who I am?''

''Well you look familiar, and I know your name starts with a 'm'. But no, I can't remember who you are to me.''

''Do you remember anything that happened yesterday? Being brought into the hospital? Seeing Derek and I?''

''I was in a car accident right? And Derek... that name is familiar. And, I'm pregnant right?''

''That's right. And yes you are pregnant. Anyway, you need to rest. I'll come back later to check on your memory ok?''

''Alright! Bye...Meredith?''

''You remember my name?''

''Yeah.... I guess it just sorta, came to me, just then.''

''That's really great Lexie. I gotta go tell Derek.''

*A few minutes later* 

''Morning Mark, how are you feeling today?'' I said cheerfully as I walked into his room. Derek was sitting in the chair by his bed talking to him about his surgery. 

''I'd be a lot better if I could see Lexie. Can I? See Lexie?''

''Mark,'' I say as I pull up another chair next to Derek and sit down. ''Lexie, she has retrograde amnesia, and we don't know if it's temporary or permanent yet.'' 

''So what! I still wanna see her. The baby's alright, right?''

''Yes, the baby will be fine it's-'' I got cut off by Amelia bursting through the door. 

''What the hell happened!'' Amelia questioned in a loud, confused tone. 

''A car vs semi-truck happened. Semi truck- 1, car- 0.'' Mark responded sarcastically.

''It's nice to see you still have your sense of humour intact. Can't say the same about your face though, it's looking a little rough.''

''Yeah yeah, shut up about my face, it's better than yours, and mine is covered in bandages.''

''Ugh, you're so rude, man-whore.'' Amelia bit back sarcastically. 

''Actually, it's ex-manwhore now. I'm married and having a kid, thank you very much.''

''Wow! Mark Sloan, married? Having a kid? Un-recognisable, literally.'' Amelia chuckled. Everyone in the room erupted into laughter. Amelia and Marks friendship was great, they really were the life of the party, or hospital room in this case. Watching these two bicker and banter is heart warming. It shows that even in the worst of situations, there is always light, wether that be humour, or joy, or love. 

''Okay Mark I hope you get better soon, I've got to go I've got a consult. Bye''

''Okay bye.'' Amelia exited the room, closing the door behind her. 

''Okay now that she's gone, can I please see Lexie? I need to see her!'' Mark pleaded 

''I'll grab a wheelchair, but Mark, you need to prepare yourself as she probably won't remember you.'' Derek replied. Mark simply nodded as an answer.

''Okay I'm going to go ahead first and warn Lexie you're coming in, I'll see you soon.'' I said as I walked out the door and into Lexie's room down the hall.

*A few minutes later*

''Lexie, Mark really wants to see you, so he's coming in in a minute. Please try to understand that even though you don't remember him, he remember's you as his loving, pregnant wife, okay?'' I said as I held her hand tightly. 

''Okay, I'll try. You can bring him in now, I'm ready.''

''Okay, Derek, she's ready.''

Derek and I step out of the room to give them some privacy. I really hope this amnesia is temporary.

Marks POV

''Lexie! You're ok! I've missed you so much!''

''Yeah I'm ok. You're Mark right?''

''Yeah, I'm Mark, your husband and father to your child.''

''Oh... right, I don't remember very much. But you're hot though so it seems I've got good taste.''

''Hahaha right. I'm just glad you're ok, and I want you to know that I love you and I didn't mean for us to get in that accident.''

''Oh I know. It wasn't your fault. Don't blame yourself. I don't remember what happened but you're my husband, and I have to believe you wouldn't have done that on purpose. I have to believe you would have done everything to protect me.''

''I tried, believe me, but the seatbelt locked me to the seat and I couldn't reach you. And before I knew it, I was unconscious and everything went black. My first thought, when I woke up in the ambulance, was you. I couldn't stop thinking about you. At first, I couldn't remember my name, or yours so I was a bit useless in asking the doctors about you, but when I remembered, they had already organised your transfer to this hospital.'' 

''Mark, it's ok, you don't have to explain. Listen, I know I don't remember you, or the love we had right now, but I think my memory is getting better. I remembered Meredith's name! So hopefully I'll get the rest of my memory back.''

''That's amazing Lex. But you know what, if you don't get it back, I'll still love you.  And maybe, i'll even make you fall in love with me all over again. It doesn't matter what happens, it will be alright in the end, okay?'' I look over ands tears rolling out of the corners of Lexie's dark brown eyes. But she's smiling, so they're happy tears. I can't lose her. She is the love of my life, the mother of my child. I cannot lose her. I'm scared, that even though she's here physically, she's not here mentally. Her memory's gone, she can't remember how to do surgery, she can't remember her family, she can't even remember me. How are we supposed to raise a child together, if she can't even remember how we met, how we fell in love? I am scared. But you know what, I'm going to have to stomp that down into the pit of my stomach, and put on a brave face for her sake. She needs me, our baby needs me, us. Our baby needs us

A/N:

Hey guys! sorry this update is a bit shorter. I'm having a bit of writers block at the moment. Do you think Lexie will get her memory back, or will she never remember anything before the accident again? Let me know in the comments what you think. Don't forget to vote! Thanks guys. I appreciate you so much!!! See you soon. xx