Heartbeat make me feel young again

ps. i cannot remember the song those lyrics are from so if y'all know pls tell me x

Derek's POV

''Hello, is this the Chief of surgery at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital?'' A man said on the phone

''Yes it is, I'm one of them. Let me grab my co-chief, just one second please.'' I said

''Hi this is Meredith Grey, co-chief of surgery. I'm here with Derek Shepherd, is there something we can do for you?'' She asks the man on the phone.

''Well actually, I'm calling because I have some bad news. You may want to sit down.'' The man says and our stomachs drop. We sit down and he continues to speak on the phone.

''My name is Will Peterson, I'm a member of the Search and Rescue team in Seattle. Owen hunt, he's a doctor at this hospital correct?''

''Yes, yes he is.'' I say starting to get a bit worried. 

''I'm afraid I have some bad news regarding him. A plane heading to Boise went down yesterday and Owen Hunt was on it, as you probably know.''

''Oh god!'' Meredith says quietly before covering her mouth with her hand.

''His plane crashed?'' I said trying to remain calm.

''It did, and unfortunately he didn't make it. I'm so sorry for your loss, I know it's very sudden and shocking.'' He said kindly. (a/n: is it really unfortunate tho?)

''Oh my god.'' Meredith cried. "He's dead!''

''I'm so sorry.'' Was all the man could say. 

''Thank you Will for the call, uhh could we please have his body sent here. All of his family and friends are here so-'' I said with a cool exterior while my interior was exploding with emotion. I have to keep it together for Meredith's sake, for everyone's sake. 

''Of course, I can make that happen.'' The man said

-------------

Stefan's POV

''Let's talk.'' She said now that the baby shower is over and we are at Joe's. 

''What's there to say Elena?'' I sigh.

''I'm sorry Stefan. I didn't mean for any of this to happen I-''

''Any of it? So you regret everything that happened between us?''

''No! Of course not! That's not what I meant. What I meant is that I didn't mean for all of this drama to happen. I never should have blown you off in the first place, I'm an idiot.''

''Look. You stuffed around thinking I was gonna stay and chase after you. Well I'm not.''

''So does that mean there's no chance for us?'' 

''Well that's for you to decide.''

''I want another chance Stefan!''

''That's not what I mean. What I mean is that you have to work on yourself so that you're ready for a relationship with me. Because I am, but I will not wait around for you. I really like you Elena, I do, and I would love nothing more than to be in a relationship with you, but if someone else comes along, I'm not gonna say no.'' I can see that she's starting to get upset and I don't blame her, I'm being very harsh right now. ''I can't waste my life waiting for you Elena! If you can't commit, then you need to take some time and work on yourself. I may be here waiting, I may not be. But either way you need to decide what you really want in your life.'' I can see some tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

''I- I don't know what to say.'' She admits truthfully.

Elena's POV

Stefan's words were very harsh, but very true. I asked for a second chance, not a relationship. Maybe I have commitment issues? I've never really had a relationship to commit to before so I guess that's why. I like Stefan, I like him a lot and I really hope he's here when I'm ready. Oh how the tables have turned. Stefan wanted me in the start and now I want him. Do I want him? Or do I want the idea of him? It's a very fine line between reality and dreams. I don't think I know where that line is yet. I need to get a marker and draw one because right now it's invisible. 

I can't help the tears running down my face, he may be harsh but he is speaking the truth. I don't know what to say. How long will it take for me to be ready? A few weeks? A month? A few months? How long will he wait? I have so many questions that I need answered and I don't know how to answer them. Do I see a therapist? Will that help? 

''You don't have to say anything, it's ok.'' He says in a much nicer tone.

''I just have one question for you. Do you like me enough to wait for me?''

''I do, and I am waiting. But if someone comes along and is willing to commit I'm not gonna tell her no. Elena, it's very unlikely that I will meet anyone soon. I never really have in the past, why would it happen now.''

'Now it will happen because you just said it won't happen.'' I say with a small laugh.

''I'm gonna go, I have a surgery in the morning.''

''Yeah me too, I'm in the ER tomorrow.'' I say as we both stand up, I grab my bag, we walk out of Joe's and go our seperate ways to our cars. 

----------

April's POV

''After being at Jo's baby shower yesterday, it made me realise something.'' I say to Jackson as we walk through the door of our house.

''Yeah, and what's that.''

''I think I wanna have another baby...'' I say casually.

''Really?!'' I can't tell if Jackson is shocked or excited.

''Yeah, I think we should start trying now.''

''Seriously?!''

''Jackson. C'mon one word answers? I can't tell how you're feeling when you give me one word answers.''

''I'm happy! I've been thinking about it as well but I just didn't want to say anything in case you weren't ready.''

''Why wouldn't I be ready?''

''You know, because Harriet's birth was kinda traumatic. Ben Warren cut you open with a kitchen knife on Meredith's kitchen table with no anaesthetic.''

''Thanks for reminding me. And yes I'm ready because I'm determined to not let that happen again. I am going to have a normal birth this time.''

''Okay, then it's settled. We start trying for a baby!'' 

''It's settled!'' He pulls me into his arms and kisses my lips gently. His bright blue eyes gaze into mine as we slowly dance around the living room. The sitter put Harriet to sleep so we don't have to worry about her tonight. I rest my head on his chest as we continue swaying. I feel like we're newlyweds even though we've been married for years.