Driving down recovery road

*3 weeks later* *Lexie still doesn't have any memory of before the accident. Amelia and Link are both back at work and the baby is at daycare.* 

Jo's POV

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday... I'm four days late. I'm never late. I'm pregnant... I just know it. I don't need a test to confirm it, i can feel it in my gut. I've been feeling nauseous lately, especially in the mornings, and I thought i was just bloated, but I guess not. I'm pregnant! God, how am I going to tell Alex? Is he gonna freak out? We live in a tiny loft, which is no place for a child. I've always wanted to have a kid, especially after I fell in love with that abandoned baby that I dropped at the fire-station. Now I'm finally going to have one, but man, the universe has bad timing. We're in the middle of our surgical careers as attendings, trying to be the best doctors, and partners we can be. And now a kid is being thrown into the mix! Well I mean, if Mer and Derek, April and Jackson, Arizona and Callie, and Amelia and Link can do it, then I guess so can we! I'll just take a test to double check and to show Alex, but I already know what it will say. 

''Hey, Alex!'' I yelled from in the living room.

''Yeah babe.'' Alex responded back from in the bathroom with a mouthful of toothpaste. 

''Can you come here and help me put the washing away before we go to bed, I'm so tired.''

''Yeah, give me a second.'' he said as he spat out his toothpaste into the sink, and wiped his mouth. 

''Do you want me to put this folded stuff away? Also I've got something we need to talk about later, alright?'' Alex continued. 

''What is it? Just say it now.'' Oh no. Hopefully this is nothing serious. What if he doesn't want kids? 

''No, no.. I..I'll just bring it up again later.'' Alex's stuttering has me really worried. He only does that when he's nervous. Am I about to be a single mother?

''No Alex, just... just say it now.'' I said coming off slightly more annoyed than I meant. 

''Alright then...'' I watch him walk over to the kitchen and grab a piece of paper, then he continues speaking. ''Remember how Izzie and I fertilised embryos together when she had cancer?''

''Yeah, but I already knew that. You were married, and you thought she was going to die. But then she lived, and left you once Denny came out of that coma. Plus, they've moved away now and I'm sure they have many little kids running around with their faces on them.''  

''Yeah well, she left some of her eggs un-fertilised, just in case the others failed, but then she had Denny fertilise them. The doctor Izzie went to to get pregnant screwed up. They didn't label which eggs were fertilised by who.''

''So what are you saying?'' I'm starting to get pissed off now. Does Izzie have my husbands kids?

''They didn't realise this until after it was confirmed she was pregnant. So I'm saying that there's a possibility that Izzie is having my kid. Please don't freak out!'' He pleaded, hoping I would understand. 

''Don't freak out? Are you KIDDING ME! Th- this is not happening. This cannot be happening right now. Especially right now.'' Oh no, did I just say that? Did I just hint I was pregnant after finding out my husband may be having another womans' kid? GOD what is wrong with me?!

''What do you mean especially right now? This is bad, regardless of the time!''

''It's bad right now because I'm pregnant. I was gonna tell you in a super cute way tonight, but now.. now everything is ruined.''

''You're pregnant!''

''Yeah... I am, don't get too excited though, it's not going to be your only kid, is it?'' 

''Jo! I'm not going to leave you, even if Izzie's child is mine. She's got Denny, she doesn't need me, you do.''

''Oh great! You're going to stay with my because I need you? Because that is not true. I do not need you, I do not want you staying with me out of obligation! Just because we're having a kid, doesn't mean I need you!''

''Well I need you! Ok? I... need you.'' God damnit I was trying to hold it together, but now he's being all sweet and supportive. Of course I'm angry and upset, but I was holding it together. But I can't anymore, I've just gotta let it out. 

*There was a long silence, until Jo broke down and started crying*

''You're my wife, and I love you and I love OUR kid. And... I wanna be there for my kid. I want him or her to grow up with a father that loves them. We both didn't have one, so I'm not going to let that happen to our kid! Okay!?''

''Okay! But you better sort out this Izzie mess before it gets out of hand. Go to Kansas, get paternity test on that baby, and come back. Go in the morning, I'll tell Bailey there was an emergency and you can't come into work for a few days. Just go!''

''Okay, I'll.. I'll pack a bag and leave in the morning. I'll call you every day, I promise. I love you, and I'm really excited to have a baby with you, but can we please go to bed now?''

''Yeah. Let's go to bed. Goodnight.''

* the next morning, Alex left before Jo woke up* 

I didn't get any sleep last night. All I could think about was Alex leaving to Kansas, Izzie being pregnant, the possibility of my husband having a kid with someone else. Even though Alex loves me, I'm still worried that once Izzie's baby is born, he'll want to be in its life. Maybe he won't though. Maybe the kid is Dennys. Maybe, maybe, maybe....

A/N:

Hey guys! You probably hate me for not updating for a week. I've been camping with no wifi or service so I haven't been able to update! Also I just went back to school so Ive been busy! Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 300 READS! it means SO much! Happy reading lovelies! xx