Hoping you're someone I used to know

*Lexie is about 4-6 months pregnant. She still doesn't remember anything from before the accident. Alex is on his way to Kansas and Meredith and Derek are doing good.*

Lexie's POV

Wow, past me had really good taste in men because let me tell you, Mark is amazing. I didn't even know it was humanly possible for someone to be so caring and helpful. I may not remember anything, but I can still tell when a guy is good. Mark is great. We decided to find out the sex of our baby the other day at my ultrasound. It's a boy and I couldn't be more excited. It's been about 2 and a half months since my accident and I think something is happening. It was happening too slowly for me to notice, until this morning when I thought about kissing Mark. I have never thought to do that, ever, since the accident. I think.... I think I'm falling in love with him, and I don't know what to do. What if he doesn't feel the same? What if i'm a totally different person and he doesn't love me anymore? I don't know, but I think I need to do something to find out how he feels. I'm going to kiss him.... today. Today, I will know how he feels. 

Marks POV

Lexie hasn't changed a bit. She may not remember me, but her personality hasn't changed. She's still funny, confident, maybe a bit more flirty, but overall she's still Lexie. I'm really glad she hasn't changed... she's still the girl I was so madly in love with. She is the girl I'm madly in love with. I just wish she was in love with me. Maybe she will one day. Maybe she'll get her memory back? Maybe I'll just be the best guy ever and she'll love me again. Who knows.

Lexie's POV

''Mark!'' 

''Markkk!!'' I yelled from upstairs in the bathroom.

''What! What, what! Are you ok?'' I can hear him running up the stairs frantically and as I hear him turn the corner into the bathroom, I look up.

''I'm fine.'' I say between giggles ''But I can't shave my legs because this baby is in the way of my vision.'' 

''God Lexie, you scared me.'' Mark says between chuckles as he bends down the help me shave my legs. As he bends down, our eyes meet for a few seconds. The stare was so intense it felt like I was looking into his soul through his ocean blue eyes. God, those eyes are mesmerising, I could get lost in them. But I break the eye contact before I throw myself of him. Stupid pregnancy hormones. Wait.. what if this is only the hormones talking? What if I only like him because I'm pregnant? Hold on, now this hormones talking. These hormones are me overthink everything and anything and it's annoying. I don't know what to believe anymore. But hormones or no hormones, he is still the father of my child so what harm can kissing him do? Obviously we've done more than that before, if you know what I mean... 

''Thanks. I can only imagine this is going to get harder when I'm even bigger.''

''Oh, it's no big deal. Happy to help!''

''Really Mark, you've been amazing. You've decorated the nursery, you cook dinner, you shave my legs. I can't ask for anything more.''

''Sure you can. I'm your husband, even though you may not remember anything, I'm still your husband and I still love you.'' As he looked up and into my eyes, all I could think about was that he still loves me. So I placed both of my hands on either side of his face, looked into his blue ocean eyes and raised my lips to his. 

At first, I could tell he was hesitant, but as the kiss went on he became more comfortable, it felt like old times. Wait a second.. 'like old times'? Confused, I pull back and open my eyes to see my husband, stunned, staring at me like I haven't kissed him in months. My memory is back. 

''Mark?'' A tear rolled down my cheek. ''Mark, it's me... Lexie. It's really me.'' Now I can feel myself crying, and I can see Mark reciprocating my emotions.

''It's really you? Lex! You remember me?'' Marks eyes are now gushing waterfalls, but i've never seen him smile quite as wide as now. 

''Yes, I remember everything! I love you, so much.'' Our sobbing eyes haven't left contact this entire time. I'm scared that if I look away, I won't remember anymore. But when he pulls me into a deep, passionate hug, and our eyes leave each others for the first time, I know that it is very real. This is really happening. I have my memory back. 

''I love you. Don't ever leave me like that again, promise?''

''I promise.'' We embrace in another passionate kiss. I never want to let him go again.

Marks POV

I never want to let her go again. I feel like if I let her go, i'll lose her, and that can't ever happen again, not after everything we've been through together. After months of being disconnected, we deserve a happy ending. And that is just what we're going to get, except it's not going to be an ending, it's going to be a beginning. A new beginning to our love, a beginning to our family and a beginning to our life

''Lexie, we have to tell everyone. This is amazing and everyone needs to know!''

''And they will, in the morning because... because first, I wanna spend my first moments back, with you.'' And before she could continue, I scooped her up off the side of the tub in the bathroom, and went straight to the bed. As I'm laying her down on the quilt, the last thing I'm thinking about is sex. All I want to do is hold her until the morning, talking and listening until we're all caught up, and until we're ready to tell everyone the news. 

A/N:

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Lexie finally got her memory back and they're happy again. Don't forget to vote and comment and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 400 READS! Happy reading lovelies x