Breathe

Owen's POV

I was on a small plane flying over to Boise to see the hospital I was going to work for. I last minute switched airlines because this one was cheaper and got me there faster. We were about halfway through the flight until the seatbelt sign flicked on and the plane began to shake mildly. I continued reading my medical book with my headphones in as I disregarded the situation completely. Turbulence happens all the time, nothing to be worried about. I looked out of the window and noticed we were over a large forest of trees, pine to be exact. They were pretty common in this area so we must have been close to the destination. I continued listening to my music and reading my book until my ears popped and my stomach dropped a little, I think we're descending. The plane was now violently shaking, loud noise filled the aircraft. There was still 20 minutes left of the flight! And then my ears popped again, but much louder. Wait, that wasn't my ears, that was the planes engine! Our descent quickened and we began falling out of the sky. I quickly tightened my seat belt but didn't have time to put the oxygen mask on that dropped down in front of me. It was getting harder to breathe, but just as I started to think about that, I glanced out the window. Those pine trees that looked like small flecks of grass looked like fully sized trees. We were about to crash! I was sitting in the back of the plane as they were the only seats available. The other seats were filled with supplies and food. As I mentioned, it was a small plane so there wasn't a lot of room. I couldn't breathe properly and my stomach was in knots. A million thoughts were running through my head but each one only lasted a millisecond. 

Bang! The thoughts had stopped. The sound had stopped. Everything had stopped. I had stopped. 

Jo's POV

Today was the day! Today was the day of my baby shower! I got to announce the pregnancy and gender all at once and I was so excited. I was nervous to see what Teddy has planned for me, hopefully I like it. I pulled out a white tight dress from my closet to accentuate my bump. I picked out one of Alex's jumpers so that it's big on me and covers my belly. I didn't want people to see until I announced it. I curled my hair and put on some pretty, neutral eyeshadow followed by a pink lipstick. I grabbed a clutch and some heels, I hadn't been this dressed up since our wedding! Alex was in dress pants, dress shoes and a nice button up shirt. We hopped in our car and drove to the address. 

When we arrive there was a entrance lined with pink and blue balloons. The entrance opened up to a large convention space filled with tables, stools, lights, music, balloons and a small stage. I wondered how I'm going to find out the gender? Would it be a massive balloon that we pop? Would it be streamers? A cake? Who knew! I just couldn't wait any longer. In the back of the room was a large balloon arc, with an assortment of colours including pink, blue, white and gold. Alex and I sat down at the main table and we waited for the guests to arrive. Teddy was waiting out the front inviting all the guests in. First came Richard and Catherine, then followed by April and Jackson. They don't have their kids so they must be at daycare. I presume all the other kids are as well. Next are Meredith and Derek followed closely by Lexie and Mark. Amelia and Link walk in with Maggie and Winston close behind. Elena and Stefan came in separately with no date, I was gonna try and set them up, I thought to myself, they could have been cute together! Lastly was Cristina followed by Teddy and Henry! Teddy must have been successful with Henry because they are hand in hand. Owen hadn't arrived, maybe he wasn't coming. I hadn't heard from him in a while and he left early from work yesterday. 

Alex and I stood up and welcomed all the guests. I made sure that my belly was covered with my jumper and bag but just to be sure, I had Alex shield me. We both walked up to the stage where there was a microphone and speakers. 

''Hello everyone, thank you so much for coming!'' I say as I heard the chatter amongst the room die down.

''I know this seems a bit extravagant for an anniversary but to be completely honest, it's not. Well, it is our anniversary but that's not why we're celebrating.'' Alex said as we watched the faces of our friends change from smiles to confusion.