Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor

Meredith's POV

''Good Morning everyone! This won't take long, I know you're very busy. This is Dr Lachlan Mackintosh and he will be a new trauma attending here starting today! Please make him feel welcome! Thank you for your time, now back to work.'' I said as I stood on the stairs of the foyer, Dr Mackintosh right beside me. All the doctors and nurses spread amongst the floor and continued their duties. I walked over to April with Dr Mackintosh by my side. 

''April hey, could you please show Dr Mackintosh the ropes around here? I'm sure he could use some help around the hospital.'' I said to April. 

''Of course!'' She said happily. She had just returned from maternity leave so she was glad to have some extra work. I thanked her and returned to my office before I prep a patient for surgery.

April's POV

''So this is the Cardio floor. Dr Yang basically lives on this floor, she might as well move all of her furniture here.'' I said with a giggle, he laughed with me. We continued the tour going to each floor, visiting all of the OR's, and examining the ER. As trauma surgeons, we spend most of our time in the ER or in the OR, so it was vital that he knew where everything was. 

''So that completes the tour! Any questions?'' I said cheerfully 

''Yeah just 1, are you single? You're hot.'' He said with a smile.

''What the f- NOT SINGLE, I'm married to your ex-best friends new best friend.'' I was extremely offended. I was just starting to like this guy and then he said that. 

''Cause that's not confusing...'' He said as his eyes wandered around the room. Just as I went to walk away from him I felt the familiar presence of Jackson. 

''Well if it isn't the Power Puff Posse...'' I said as the three plastics attendings walked side-by-side down the hall towards me. 

''That's us, kicking surgical ass and taking names.'' Mark said with a cheeky smile.

''Wait, we're the Power Puff Posse now?'' Stefan said, his face and voice covered with confusion.

''I didn't know that was public yet!'' Jackson said equally as confused. 

''I swear you guys are long lost brothers. You're practically joined at the hip.'' I said gesturing my hands to the three of them.

''I mean that used to be me and Stefan but I guess he's broken up with me and moved on.'' Lachie said apathetically while crossing his arms. 

''You know the classic break up line it's not you, it's me? Yeah, well it was actually you and not me that caused this bro-breakup.'' Stefan responded to Lachie's remark. Lachie flashed a passive aggressive smile that lasted half a second only to return to his expressionless face once again. 

''So! Which one of you is my ex-best friends new best friend?'' Lachie said with another fake smile.

''Me.'' Mark and Jackson said simultaneously. 

''Well... both of you can't be married to her so- which one of you is it?'' Lachie continued.

''Oh, me. Why?'' Jackson said.

''You scored, nice one.'' Lachie said with another quick smile. He put his hand out for Jackson to shake. 

''Lachlan Mackintosh, that losers ex-best friend.'' Lachie said while shaking Jackson's hand with one hand and motioning to Stefan with the other. 

''Can I ask why you guys are ex's?'' Mark asked as he and Derek were in a similar predicament many many years ago. 

''Ohh, yeah. So umm- funny story. My ex-girlfriend was cheating on me, Lachie knew the whole time and didn't tell me!'' Stefan said with a passive aggressive smile and laugh. 

''Don't worry, he'll get over it. Me and Shepherd were in a similar predicament many years ago except his ex-wife was cheating on him with me, which is way worse than yours.'' Mark whispered to Lachie. 

''I heard that, I'm not gonna get over it. I guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor.'' Stefan said to Lachie. ''Wait, you slept with Derek's ex-wife while they were still married and you didn't tell him?'' Stefan said suddenly realising what Mark whispered to Lachie.

''Uhh yeah but that was ages ago. Derek's over it, he's married to Meredith and now they live happily ever after with their three spawns.'' Mark said calmly. 

''We've been friends for a year and a half, how did I not know that?'' Stefan questioned Mark.

''My friend, there are many things you don't know about me.'' Mark flashed a quick smile. 

''Well we have to go pick up our spawns so uhh, bye I guess.'' Jackson said as I followed behind him. Stefan and Mark continued walking and left Lachie there alone. Mark opened his phone and pressed Derek's name in the call app.

Derek's POV

My phone began to ring in my pocket, I reached my hand into the denim and pulled out my phone. It was Mark, what could he have possibly wanted at 6pm? I answered the phone and was instantly hit with Marks very loud voice. 

*on the phone*

''We need to talk about this new trauma attending, Mackintosh.'' Mark said

''What's wrong with him?'' I replied

''He and Stefan have history, bad history.''

''Oh god, what now.'' I shook my head.

''Very similar situation to our Addison, me, you, New York situation... except different.''

''Oh you've got to be kidding me, Lachie slept with Stefan's wife?''

''No I said different. Someone was sleeping with Stefan's girl and Lachie knew the whole time but didn't tell Stefan.''

''Ohh so it is the same but different.''

''That's what I said!''

''Well shit.'' Was all I could manage to say to that information. 

''Ok I gotta go Derek, that's all I had to say.''

''Bye idiot.'' I said as I hung up the phone.

*off the phone*

''Derek I can't find my phone!'' Meredith yelled while she walked up the stairs. When she arrived at the bedroom door I noticed a very important detail.

''Mer, you're talking on the phone right now, it's in your hand.'' Oh no. 

''Oh stupid, stupid me.'' Meredith casually walked out of the room continuing to talk to Elena on the phone. I began to grow slightly worried, looking back I realised that things like that were happening quite often. She would look for her keys while they were in her hand, she would ask for a surgical instrument even though it was already in her hand and now she couldn't find her phone while she was on the phone to Elena. 

But you know what, it's probably fine. Right?

A/N: hey please comment and press the star thing/vote!!! pls comment where you want this story to go!!! How much longer do you want me to make this story cuz im happy to just keep on going!