Take a sad song and make it better

A/N: 

Everyone! Go read (tagged below)'s most recent story 'invisible string' it's actually fvcking amazing!!!!

derekfuckingdied

Cristina's POV

''Lexipedia! You're back!'' I say using a nickname I haven't used in years.

''Wow, you're not very dark and twisty today! I'm here for the staff meeting, then I'm going home. I still have a week of maternity leave.'' Lexie says as she pulls at her scrubs. 

''Everyone is having babies. You, Jo, Izzie, seriously it's crazy! I'm waiting for April and Jackson to announce they're popping out another one. It's only a matter of time.'' I said while laughing.

Lexie laughed. ''I know right! What do you think this staff meeting is for?''

''I don't know but Mer said it was important.''

''Yeah she said that to me too.''

''Oh my god. What if she's pregnant again?'' I said sarcastically. Lexie rolled her eyes.

''Really Cristina. I thought you could tell when she is pregnant? You seemed to be able to the last 2 times. What happened to the twisted sisters telepathy?'' She responded with a laugh. 

''Ok fine. Not pregnant.'' Meredith and Derek appeared on the stage of the auditorium. All the staff were seated in the crowd, well most of them anyway. The surrounding chatter faded into complete silence in only a matter of seconds. Lexie, Mark and the rest of our friends, including our new ones Elena and Stefan, all sat in the same rom of the auditorium.

 Derek walked up to the podium and greeted us. Meredith stood sheepishly behind him which is very unlike her. She is usually confident and brave but not right now, not today. Derek didn't waste his time on the small talk chatter he usually made with all the staff, instead he fumbled with his fingers and hesitated to speak.

''Doctors, I have some bad news. It has just yesterday come to light that we no longer have a doctor with us anymore. Dr Owen Hunt was planning to resign before taking a trip to Boise to trial at a new hospital. Unfortunately, he never got the chance to hand in his letter of resignation as the aircraft he was traveling in has crashed. It comes with great sadness to announce this, but Owen Hunt has died.'' Derek turned to the side to face Meredith.

As those last few words came out of Derek's mouth, shock, anger and sadness flooded my body. I feel numb. I can't feel anything, I can't hear anything and I can't see anything. I feel dead. All I feel is the aching heart beating rapidly inside my chest, all I hear is the muffled cries and gasps of the fellow doctors around me, and all I see are blurred versions of my friends trying to comfort each other and myself. 

I may not be romantically involved with Owen anymore, but his death feels like someone stabbed a scalpel in my heart and twisted it before pulling it out and slicing my Aorta. I'm bleeding to death now. Sadness is like blood, it's contained inside your body until something triggers it. In this case, the sadness running through my veins has been released by the slicing of my Aorta. 

How do I live in a world without Owen in it? Without his humour, his charm, his talent. Not only did the hospital lose a great surgeon, we lost a wonderful human being to brought nothing but talent, kindness and humour to the workplace. He was my husband, he was my friend, he was probably one of the only men I've ever truely loved, and now he's dead. 

He's gone forever.

''His funeral is tomorrow but it will be an event for family and close friends only. There will be a service on during the time of the funeral, all of you are welcome to attend. I know that this is a sad time, and if any of you need counselling or therapy we are happy to provide you a service. Meredith and I are at loss for words over this tragedy. Owen hunt was a very special person, doctor and friend and he will be loved and missed by all of us in this building.'' Derek says calmly but I can tell he's holding back tears. Meredith is softly sobbing behind Derek trying to to draw attention to herself. 

The auditorium is not silent anymore, the room is filled with the sound of crying, chatter, more crying, some people even got up and left because they couldn't handle the pain. This is one of the hardest days of my life, but I know it will get better with time.

*1 month later* (lexie and Mark are back from leave, Jo is 7 months pregnant, Most people have recovered from Owen's death except for teddy and cristina) 

a/n: i just need to let you know that writing that owen 'praise' was the hardest things ive ever done. it was hurting my soul to say owen was a wonderful human being. so please, please, remember i was writing that from cristina's POV so i had to really channel how she would feel if he died. if i had to write my POV i would have said i was glad he was dead hehe

Elena's POV

I've been seeing a shrink, you know 'working on myself', for about a month now and I think I'm starting to change. It's just a start, I'm not all whole and healed yet but I will be hopefully soon. I haven't really spoken to Stefan all month excluding work related discussions. I'm too scared to ask him if he's found someone else. If I ask him, and he says he has, all my progress will go down the drain so I figure it's better to keep myself in the dark until I'm ready enough. 

Owen's death was very sad. Although I didn't know him very well or for very long, it was still upsetting to see how his death affected the other people around me. My friends, fellow surgeons, nurses, even patients! But most of all, it's been hard to watch Cristina. Although Teddy and Owen used to be together, she's seems to be doing alright as she has Henry now. 

Cristina on the other hand hasn't been working properly, talking properly, heck she hasn't even been functioning properly! She's an attending, like myself, and she's letting interns and first/second year residents perform tasks that are way too difficult for their skill level. I'm worried someone is going to die at their hands due to her lack of focus or motivation to teach. 

I totally understand what she is going through, I just went through it with my parents, but having someone to talk to made it much easier. For me, I found my brother and that made it so much easier on me. If only Cristina would be less stubborn and talk to someone about how she's feeling. 

She won't even speak to Meredith and Mer is her person, they tell each other everything and not a peep.