Somewhere between unsure and a hundred

Elena's POV

''Hey Elena. Mark's sister, right?'' Jo said as she walked up to me. I was quite surprised I got invited to her party, I didn't even know her that well.

''Jo! Yeah, I'm Mark's sister, are you friends with him?''

''Everyone is friends with everyone at this hospital!'' She laughed. ''But yeah, his wife Lexie is basically my best friend.'' I laughed as I tried to match her energy.

''Congrats on the baby girl by the way! She'll be adorable!''

''Thank you so much!'' There was a slight pause. ''I know this is random and I hope you don't mind me asking but, are you single?'' It took me a second to really understand what she just asked me.

I laughed nervously. ''Uhh, yeah I'm single. Why?''

''Because I couldn't help but notice that the handsome new doctor Stefan over there also came here alone.'' She said with a sneaky smile.

I giggled slightly. ''Really?'' I said sarcastically while still laughing. ''Are you trying to set us up?'' I questioned.

''Pfft, no!'' I watched her eyes move away from mine and they started wandering around the room. She leaned in close to me and whispered. ''Okay, maybe.'' I rolled my eyes in response. ''What! You guys would be so cute together!'' She protested.

''If you say so.. but seriously I make it a rule not to date co-workers.'' I said seriously.

''Look around. Every single person here is either married to, or dating someone they met at the hospital. Meredith was Dereks intern, Lexie was Mark's intern, Callie and Arizona worked together, heck I was Alex's intern/resident! We all date co-workers!'' She had a point.

''But, but.. nothing good comes from dating co-workers.'' I said as Jo looked down at her stomach and pointed to it. 

''Then what do you think this is?'' She said with a laugh. ''Of course bad things can happen, but usually everything works out great! Everyone in this room is in a happy relationship with their colleagues.''

I exhaled. ''I guess you're right. I hadn't really thought about that.''

''You should give it a go, you never know it could be amazing.'' She said with a smile.

''Oh that's the problem. I've given it a go, several times to be specific.''

''What?''

''I've slept with him.'' I blurted out as I closed my eyes trying to hide from the embarrassment. 

''What!''

''I know. And I told him I can't date him. Oh my god, I ruined it. I lost my only chance at a relationship with him. It's gone. Great.'' I rambled as I began to become slightly distressed. 

''Elena, slow down! Don't worry, you haven't ruined it. I declined Alex's proposal like twice before I said yes but he kept on trying. It's fine, they always come running back.'' She reassured as she gently squeezed me hand.

''Are you sure?''

''Yes! Now go over to him and talk!'' I glared at her nervously, nodded and walked away as she pushed me gently towards him. I stood next to him silently, unsure of what to say.

''Hey.'' I blurted out awkwardly. He didn't say anything. What the hell do I do now?! ''Cool gender reveal right? The c-section, pretty original!''

''Yeah, I guess.''

''And everyone looks so good right? I-'' I am interrupted. 

''Why are you talking to me?'' He rudely cut me off.

''What?!'' I asked extremely confused.

''You rejected me, had sex with me and then left me in an on call room only to wake up alone with no communication since then. Why are you talking to me?'' He kept his eyes straight ahead, careful not to look at me.

''Well when you say it like that... I know that was bitchy and mean and I'm sorry. But I wanna talk, if you'll let me?''

''What could you possible want to talk about?'' He asked bluntly with a slight laugh at the end. 

''Us. Our relationship. Where we go from here.'' I answered honestly. 

''Elena. There is no us. You rejected me. You made it CLEAR that you don't want a relationship with me, why are you bringing it up now?''

''Because I've changed my mind. I've realised that everyone in this hospital is married to another doctor, I was stupid and naive to think that I would find someone outside this hospital that really understands my life, our lives.''

''You can't just change your mind and expect me to still be here. You can't drag me along. If we're going to finish this conversation can we at least finish it after Jo's party. This day is for her and Alex, not us.''

''That's the thing, Jo is the one that convinced me to change my mind. She tried to set us up. But yes, we can continue this later if you want.''

''Yes that's what I want.'' He said, I nodded in response and walked away back towards Jo.

''So, how did it go?!'' She asked excitedly. Could she not read my face?

''Beyond horrible.''

''What? What happened!'' She said as her face drooped. She was very invested in this. 

''He's mad that I'm stringing him along and I keep changing my mind all the time. I do get it, I'm being unfair and I don't blame him for being mad at me.'' I admitted. 

''Elena, just give him time, he'll be fine.''

''We're going to finish this conversation later, his words not mine.''

''Well that's good. At least he wants to talk!'' She said with a glimmer of hope in her voice. 

''I don't know. This could go great, or horribly wrong. I just want him to forgive me, I want to give a relationship a go.''

''I get that.'' She looked away. ''Do you think he'll give you a second chance?''

''Honestly Jo, I don't know. Hopefully he will after what I did.''

''What did you do?!''

''I kinda told him I wouldn't date him, then slept with him, then left before he woke up and didn't speak to him at all after.''

''Shit! I don't even know what to say.'' She said with a small giggle.

''I know I'm a horrible person. I just didn't know what to say or do, you know?''

''Yeah I understand, pretty sure I did the same once hahah.''

-------------------

Derek's POV

''Hey has anyone seen Owen?'' Amelia asked after she noticed he never showed up to the party.

''Oh he's taken a few days off. He said he's having personal issues and needs to deal with them.'' I answered. He sent me an email with a brief explanation.

''Do you know where he went?'' She continued to question hoping to receive more information. She hadn't heard from him and was beginning to become worried. 

''I think he was taking a trip. Boise I think?'' I couldn't exactly remember where he went, I'm pretty sure it was Boise.

''Did he drive or go by plane?'' Seriously enough with the questions Amy, I thought to myself. 

''Amy, I don't know. He wasn't that specific. If you have questions, call him yourself!''

A/N: 

look at me updating twice in 24 hours.. woah anyway enjoy and PLS VOTE AND COMMENT XX