So alone in love like the world had disappeared

A/N:

Hey guys, before I start this update I just have a question. How did you guys find this story? Was it through search, or through tags, or did a friend recommend it? Comment how you found my story! I'm just curious xx. anyway don't forget to vote, comment and share this story!! Enjoy this update!! Happy reading lovelies x

Lexie's POV

I've only been in my room for probably 5 minutes and already Meredith, Derek, Alex, Jo and Bailey have visited, with Mer and Derek staying. I need Mer for emotional support. I mean, I know I have Mark but if he gets to have Derek for emotional support, then I get to have someone too. And plus, Mer has already done this twice. Actually, only once, Bailey was a c-section but whatever, one is better than none. 

''Wow, Lexie I can't believe the day is finally here!  You're having the baby!'' Meredith said with a giggle. 

''Yeah, I know right. I think it just hit me that our lives are changing forever.'' I answered as I grabbed Marks hand as he sat on the chair next to my bed.

''So do you have any names yet?'' Derek asked. Mark and I looked at each other and then turned to look back at Meredith and Derek.

''Yeah we do.'' Mark said 

''We're tossing up between two but we'll decide when we see him.'' I finished just as Arizona walked into the room. 

''Hey how's everything going, anymore contractions?''

''Yeah, they've been smaller though, not too bad yet.''

''Well that's normal. Sometimes once the water breaks contractions can ease for about 30 minutes, so expect them to get worse very soon.''

I inhaled deeply because just as Arizona said they were going to get worse, they did. I just got a massive contraction, way worse than all. my other ones. ''Oh no, here's one now.'' I said in a very breathy voice as I was in a lot of pain. ''Okay, and it's done.''

''Okay so now I need you to time how long it is until your next one. I also need to check your dilation.''

''Okay, Mark can you start a timer please?''

''Yeah sure honey.'' He replied as he opened his phone and turned the stopwatch on. 

Arizona checked my dilation and said I was already 4cm and that, depending on how far apart my contractions are, I could be 6-7 cm within the hour. I'm actually so excited now. I was nervous before but now I'm so excited. I really want some alone time with Mark before the baby comes considering we probably won't get much after the baby is born. 

''Meredith, Derek.. would you mind giving me and Mark some alone time? I'll page you when I'm 8cm dilated alright?''

''Yeah of course. See you soon!'' Meredith answered and they both walked out the door. Mark and I were finally alone. 

''Come here, sit in the bed with me.'' I said as I patted the bed signalling him to come and sit. He got up out of the chair and cuddled up next to me. Just as he sat down I had another contraction.

''Oh my god I'm having another one.  How many minutes was it?''

''5 minutes and 23 seconds. I'll write it down.''

''Look at us. We're married and we're about to have a baby. I never would have thought we'd be here 10 years ago. But here we are.''

''I know, and I'm so proud of us for doing it. We've been through so much, heck we've even almost died a few times.''

''The shooting, the plane crash, god the plane crash still gives me nightmares. I don't think I'll ever be able to go on a plane again without being terrified.''