Chapter 15 - Separated

Grian slowly made his way through the jungle in the middle of the night. It's been a long time since he's been here. Grian couldn't fly here because of all the trees and branches but he didn't really mind. The jungle was a beautiful green with mosses growing everywhere. The trees were tall and sturdy. Grian had used their wood to make his hobbit hole.

Ah, those were the good times with Mumbo in his other hobbit hole and Iskall in his Omega Tree. Mumbo and Grian even had a messaging system back then.

Just thinking about them made his heart ache. His eyes watered and his body threatened to break down again, but Grian kept walking. His old friend is here somewhere, he knew it. When Grian and Iskall left after Mumbo's death to deal with the grief, they had asked Grian's old friend to come with them. The old friend refused because he didn't want to leave the jungle. The jungle is his home. It's where he was born, after all.

Grian dragged himself into his hobbit hole. Memories of his old life came flooding back to him.

"At this point I'm basically Mumbo's lovesick girlfriend." Grian shook his head as he sent Mumbo yet another message. "He doesn't even reply! What's the point of having a messaging system if you're not even gonna use it?"

He looked at Iskall's Omega Tree in the distance and admired Iskall's handiwork. It was massive (or should I say mega?) and very detailed. Grian smiled. Ever since Iskall learned the word Omega he has been using it nonstop.

Grian sighed. His eyes where tired with bags underneath. He had flew all night to the jungle and navigated back to his old base. Grian's wings were sore and he felt like his knees would give out any moment. Grian was right, his knees buckled. He collapsed immediately and fell towards the ground. Grian lied there, not wanting to get up and already half asleep. He would have slept right there on his doorstep if his old friend's voice hadn't woken him up.

"Hey! Don't just fall asleep here. If you're gonna sleep, get to the bed!" A voice complained.

Grian rolled around slowly with difficulty, "Ugh.... I just want to-" He yawned, interrupting his sentence, "-sleep..."

His friend sighed, "Griannnnnn! Get up, I'm not about to haul you to your bed."

"You... can..." Grian muttered, his eyelids closing and he drifted off to sleep.

(Line Break)

Grian blinked as his eyes fluttered open. The bright sunlight coming through the window blinded his eyes as he tried to sit up.

"Finally you're awake! Do you have any idea how heavy you are? I had to carry you all the way from your doorstep to your bed."

Grian looked to his right. Sure enough, his old friend was there, sitting in a wooden chair.

"Professor Beak!" Grian grinned at the blue parrot who is his "old friend". "It's been so long! I missed you. Thanks for getting me to my bed, by the way."

Professor Beak slowly morphed bigger. After a few seconds, there sat a man in the bird's place. Professor Beak has transformed into his human form. He had bright blue hair that matched his feathers and black eyes. He wore a white sweater and black pants. Professor Beak had blue feathery birdlike wings sprouting from his back. They were like his wings when he was in bird form, but bigger. He had olive skin and wore a white beanie.

Professor Beak sighed, "Why are you always giving me trouble?"

Grian laughed mischievously, "It's what I'm here for!" His prankster nature was beginning to come back.

Professor Beak rolled his eyes, "I thought you were leaving. What happened? Why are you back? Tell me everything."

I bet you didn't expect Grian's "old friend" to be a blue parrot, huh? I told you you would never guess who it is. 😏 Professor Beak managed to get Grian to his bed in human form. You didn't forget him, did you? If you did... 🔪😇