Chapter 17 - Birds Of The Jungle

Guys I'm sorry I'm not writing much about Dream or Techno in this chapter but I lOVE the "Birds Of The Jungle" storyline. Maybe I should write a different book about the birds' life after this? Nahhhhh.... unless?

Poll, would you like me to write a book on that? I can always just write a few side stories on them and be done with their storyline. If I do write a book on them, there's gonna be lots and lots of fluff.

Anyway, I'm sure you're bored of me rambling on by now, so let's get on with this very bird based chapter!

(Line Break)

Fennel looked around nervously at the crowd of people in the town of the Drè Kingdom. There were lots of people down there. He's also too tired to shift into a human. If there is a way to rescue Daphne... he didn't have any ideas. Time is running out fast. He can't leave, either. If he does, Daphne might be taken away and he won't know where she's gone.

"LET ME OUT YOU F***ING HUMANS!" Daphne pounded on the cage. She bit everything she could reach and jumped around. The customers backed away from her cage. Fennel smiled. Typical Daphne. At least she bought some time for Fennel to figure out a plan to save her. It's a shame that humans can't understand her in bird form. If they did, they would be hearing her trash talking them like a pro — cuz she is a pro — and screaming cuss words like crazy.

Actually, is she still sane-

Uh, maybe not. Fennel watched her create chaos from afar. Ok, maybe she is a little not right in the head right now. Tip: Never mess with Daphne when she's angry.

A dirty blond guy in a red sweater and elytra came forward to the cage, unafraid. He talked to the seller — Daphne's captor — and took Daphne's cage as he handed some coins to the seller.

Fennel watched them, horrified. He spread his wings and flew after them as fast as he could while trying to be as cautious and stealthy as possible. The guy jumped into the air with his elytra and headed towards the jungle with Daphne in her cage. Fennel panicked and raced after them like a fired arrow.

After a long flight, Fennel set down on the ground in the jungle behind the stranger. He was huffing and his whole body felt sore, but he has to do this. Fennel didn't want confrontation. He crept around in bird form on a short tree and watched the stranger. The stranger set down Daphne and proceeded to sit down.

Before he could chicken out, (or is it parrot out?) Fennel dived down from the tree while morphing into human form and snatched up Daphne. He flew away with his heart hammering in his chest and Daphne in the cage he's holding. He did it. Fennel dove around the trees at top speed, getting as far away from the stranger as possible. He dropped down to a bush to catch his breath.

He heard the wind behind him become sharper. "Wait!" The stranger called.

Fennel quickly bolted from the bush into the space beneath the tree line. He was almost tempted to fly above the tree line so he could fly freely, but elytras could probably catch up to bird wings. Plus, he was tired and afraid of flying that high. It was already hard enough for him to fly instead of gliding.

His knees conveniently gave out underneath him. Fennel collapsed onto the ground, tired from everything. His hands numbly unlocked the cage trapping Daphne. Daphne flew out in a blur of green. She quickly turned human as Fennel became a rosella again. Daphne placed herself in front of Fennel, shielding him from the stranger.

The stranger came into view, "Wait!" He huffed, "I'm a friend! I'm here to save you! I was sent by Professor Beak and Ari!"

Daphne was taken aback, "Wait what?!"