Chapter 7 - Into Town

Guys I'm such a bad author! 😔 I accidentally deleted the original chapter 7. New readers, here's the re-written chapter.

Dream sighed. He could remember the awkwardness between him and Dave. He wondered why Dave was crying, but he didn't want to overstep any boundaries.

He had been avoiding Dave for some time now and Dave seemed to be doing the same. It was always awkward between them after that night.

"Uh, hi Dream." Grian said as he approached Dream. Dream snapped out of his thoughts and turned his attention to his friend.

"Yeah?" Dream asked.

Grian told him, "Do you want to go into town?"

Dream shrugged, "Yeah, sure, why not?"

"Yay!" Grian pumped his fist into the air, smiling, "Thanks Dream!"

Dream chuckled at this and looked forward to a good day ahead of him. At least this day is getting better.

(Line Break)

"Hey Dave." Grian waved to Techno in his potato farm. Techno looked up.

"Oh hey." Techno replied in his monotone voice, still farming his potatoes.

Grian questioned, "Dave, would you like to come into town?"

Techno cocked his head, "Um, sure."

Grian smiled, "Thanks!"

(Line Break)

Grian hoped this will work. It has to work. Grian didn't know why, but Dave and Dream has been avoiding each other. Grian didn't want that to happen. He wanted their old friendship back. So, he decided to invite both his friends into town with him. They can bond when they're relaxing in town.

"Hi Grian." Dream said cheerfully.

Grian's eyes lit up, "Hey!"

The two talked for a bit. After about 2 minutes, Dave showed up.

"Um..." Dave and Dream stared at each other.

Dave mumbled, "I'll just... go?"

"Guys, I invited both of you into town with me." Grian informed them, "You two have been really awkward and avoiding each other, so I thought we can have some quality bonding time in town."

Dream started, "But-"

Grian grabbed both of their sleeves and dragged them towards town. The two didn't argue more, thankfully.

(Line Break)

Soon, the three arrived in town. They received stares everywhere they went. Grian chatted while the other two occasionally added a few words. They were still awkward with each other, but it's getting better.

Other people are whispering.

"Is that the king?!"

"Woah, King Dream!"

"That's Prince Dave from L'manburg!"

"I can't believe they're here!"

"Wow!"

"Who's that?"

"Is that a servant?"

"Woah!"

Dream and Techno ignored the chatter. They were royalty for most of their lives, so they were used to it. Grian was too busy talking to notice. The three of them sat down in a restaurant. Slowly, Techno and Dream started talking to one another. They didn't look away from each other when their eyes met. Grian smiled at this.