Chapter 10 - Hidden

Guys I'm so stupid I accidentally deleted chapter 10 too-

It's a good thing most of you have already read it before I deleted it. I'll make sure not to make this mistake again. New readers, here is chapter 10. (I can't guarantee if this new version has about the same content as the old, but hopefully it'll work out)

Let's start this chapter with some fluff. 😌

Dream looked over his kingdom out his window. He always observed everything. He glanced at Grian and Dave who were talking on the side. It's peaceful and nice. He could see his old friends — the three other Muffinteers, that is — sparring on the castle grounds.

He smiled under his mask. Perhaps being king isn't so bad after all. It's not as lonely or pressuring as he thought it would be.

Dream's friends were still discussing potatoes in the background. Dream chuckled quietly. Ever since Dave got a potato farm he has been obsessed. Or maybe he was always obsessed with potatoes and Dream just didn't notice. Dream could relate to being obsessed. He loves pancakes, after all.

"Potatoes are the best!" Dave declared.

"No! Grain and bread are better!" Grian objected.

Dream joined, "Nah, Pancakes are wayyy better than potatoes and bread combined." His two friends turned to glare at him and his smirk faltered.

Uh oh, probably not the best move.... Dream thought as both his friends' attention and annoyance were turned to him.

Dave snorted, "Yeah right, potatoes are way better."

The rest of the morning was wasted on arguing about which food is the best.

(Line Break)

"Hey Bad! How are you doing?" Skeppy asked cheerfully.

Bad smiled at his best friend, "Hiii Skeppy! It's good to see you again!"

The cyan-brown haired boy grinned at his best friend, "Need any help with castle work?"

"Not really, but I appreciate the offer!" Bad replied, "What are you doing here, Geppy?"

"Not much. I was bored so I decided to visit my best friend." Skeppy answered.

Bad nodded, smiling. Skeppy smiled back. Bad's smiles are contagious, after all.

The light brown haired boy looked at his to-do list again, muttering to himself. "The stables.... breakfast..... new recruits... training.... break...." He paused and sighed. Being captain of the servants is hard.

"Hey, Bad." Bad felt a warm hand on his shoulder, "Don't push yourself too much. It's hard to be good with your job. Just relax, it's going to be fine." Bad felt himself relax to the shorter boy's soothing words.

"I know, Skeppy." Bad reassured Skeppy. With newfound confidence, Bad continued through his list.

Skeppy smiled at his best friend's actions. Everything he does — even just simply existing — makes Skeppy happy. He decided to get something for Bad, "Bad, I'm going to go and come back later!"

Bad looked up for a brief second and agreed, "Ok! See you, Skeppy!"

(Line Break)

Bad could smell.... muffins. Really good muffins. He looked up in surprise and found Skeppy holding chocolate muffins.

Skeppy handed one to Bad. He gladly accepted it. The muffin was warm and it filled him up with happiness.

"Thank you Geppy." Bad said to his best friend. Skeppy grinned at him and tackled him in a tight hug.

"Oomf-" Bad was caught by surprise, but he returned the hug happily.

"I love you, Bad. You're my best friend." Skeppy told him.

Bad grinned, "Me too Skeppy, me too."

(Line Break)

"Well, guys, I'm gonna go now." Grian said to Techno and Dream when he saw Scar. Scar and Grian walked out of the door, talking to each other.

Dream stood up and looked at Techno, "Let's follow them, Dave."

"Huh?" Techno blinked, "Wait, why?"

"Don't you want to know what they've been up to?" Dream asked, "Even if you aren't going, I am."

Techno stood up, "Yeah, let's go." He was also curious as to where Grian has been going instead of hanging out with them.

The two walked out of the throne room into the corridors. Techno saw Grian and Scar going outside the castle.

"Come on." Dream whispered. They two sneaked out of the castle. They are experts at sneaking since Dream has been doing that since a young age when he's bored and Techno always infiltrated places when he's on the run.

The two followed Scar and and Grian. Techno went a little bit closer and eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Why are we going to this "Haunted Mansion" place?" Grian asked Scar.

Scar grinned, "This "Haunted Mansion" isn't actually haunted. There are many scary rumors about this place, so people keep away from here."

Grian waited for more explanation. Scar continued with a gleam in his eyes, "So we can go to Hermitcraft in that mansion. No one can catch us there since no one ever goes into the "Haunted Mansion.""

Grian's face lit up, "That's absolutely brilliant!"

"I know right!" Scar exclaimed happily, "Also, Etho is waiting for us in the mansion."

"Cool. Hey Scar, want to play a prank on Bdubs later?" Grian said mischievously to Scar.

Scar replied, grinning, "Sure."

Dream and Techno followed behind them as Techno wondered. Who is this "Etho" and "Bdubs"? What is "Hermitcraft"? I'm so confused....

The four of them soon arrived at the mansion. Techno looked up, studying and appreciating the large building. (It's Grian's mansion from season 6) It seems to be old and weathered, but yet it's still standing somehow. The color of the wood is fading away. Some of the windows are, miraculously, still intact. The whole place was dark and dirty, which does give off a "haunted mansion" vibe.

Techno looked over at Dream. Dream's eyes were filled with curiosity as he watched Scar and Grian. Techno and Dream treaded silently behind the unsuspecting Grian and Scar.

They entered the mansion. Like the outside, the inside is dusty and old. Scar led Grian down a passage. They entered a room. With his piglin ears, Techno could hear a fire cackling in the fireplace. He heard some murmurs inside the room, but he didn't dare look in fear of revealing himself.

Zip- Zip- Zip- Suddenly all were quiet. Dream risked a peek inside.

Dream stepped back from the room immediately with confusion in his face. He looked shocked and alarmed.

"What is it?" Techno asked his friend — and mortal enemy.

"They're gone!"

Techno opened the door, confirming Dream's statement.

"What?!"

(Line Break)

Somewhere far away, a figure stands on a tree.

The figure rose and looked up at the dark, cloudy night sky.

"I've missed you, Grian and Iskall."

(Line Break)

Yes that last part is foreshadowing.

The person is Grian's "old friend" who will make an appearance later on.

For now.... cliffhangers. (Of course)

I hope you enjoyed!