Chapter 8 - The Hermits Of Hermitcraft

Grian was practicing with his powers in his new room in the castle. If he doesn't use his powers for a long time, it just suddenly bursts out of him. That was how Iskall found out about his powers, actually. Grian already told Mumbo because they were close, but one day, it just burst out of him in front of Iskall. Iskall was shocked, but he accepted Grian for who he is.

Grian did not want the same thing to happen again. He spread his wings as far as possible and floated in the air. At the same time, he used telekinesis to lift up all the books around him.

"Hey Grian-" Scar came in. He looked up and saw Grian and his books floating.

"Scar?!"

Scar looked bewildered, "Wha- what?!"

Grian landed himself and his books as he floated the confused knight towards him. He closed the door behind Scar.

"Ok, look, please don't tell anyone, ok?" Grian asked. "I have this magical power of some sort but I don't want anyone to know about it. Please don't tell anyone!"

"Well, I guess you're one of us." Scar smiled at Grian.

Grian was confused, "One of us? What do you mean?" The it hit him. "Wait- YOU MEAN YOU ARE LIKE ME?! THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE OUT THERE LIKE ME?!"

Scar nodded, "Yeah! We're the Hermits of Hermitcraft. Uh, if you want, you can join. We can all talk with each other. We also have a place where we can all hang out. You can practice your powers there instead, it's very hidden and secure." Scar offered.

"Yes! Of course!!" Grian answered excitedly. More people with powers! I never knew there were others like me!

"We can go there right now if you have time. I'm on break right now, so I can take you there." Scar told Grian. Grian gladly accepted and the two started heading to Scar's room.

"What's your power?" Grian asked.

"I'm a wizard." Scar grinned at Grian, "I can cast spells and make magical items. Actually, we'll be using a magical item to get into Hermitcraft. I also have wings, this isn't an elytra." He pointed to his wings that look identical to Grian's.

Grian questioned, "Hermitcraft?"

Scar shrugged, "Well, our powers have to do with the Hermitlands. All of us are from the Hermitlands, so we named the place Hermitcraft. We also all have wings that all look like this for some reason. Those are the only thing we all have in common, though. We don't know much about our powers, how we got it, or why we got it. We just know there are many people in the world who have special powers like us."

Grian nodded. He still had many questions, though. "How many Hermits are there? How did you all find each other?"

"Xisuma is our leader. He organized and recruited most of us into Hermitcraft. He's also the one who created the land of Hermitcraft and made it hidden and secure for us with his powers." Scar beamed. "I don't know exactly how many Hermits there are, but there are at least 20, I think?"

The two made their way to Scar's room. Grian looked around curiously. The place looked completely normal. "So, um, how are we getting there?" Grian asked.

Scar gave him a mysterious grin, "Well... before I joined Hermitcraft, all the Hermits had to fly. It was the only way to travel. So they just stayed int Hermitcraft and didn't leave because the flight was too long and tedious. Or they would only visit once in a while. But after I joined.... I made those for everyone to use." Scar pulled out a weirdly colored purple thing. It had purple particles floating around it. "Those are "Wizard Fruits". When you eat them, they teleport you to Hermitcraft. If you were already in Hermitcraft when you eat it, it teleports you back to where you teleported into Hermitcraft from. If there is someone there, it will teleport you to a place near there where no one can see you!"