Chapter 20 - The Returning Of A Friend

Grian flew high in the air and looked down at the Drè Kingdom. He didn't want to admit it, but he actually missed Dream and Dave- no, Technoblade. He missed them a lot. Grian loved being in the rainforest with all the birds, but he still felt drawn to the Drè Kingdom.

Yesterday, Pax returned to the rainforest. Kenzo and Enya returned the day before that. No more birds are missing. The other unfounded missing ones are confirmed dead. Many birds mourned, but they were mostly just glad that most of the missing birds came back. Enya and Kenzo were talking with Professor Beak and Ari about their friend who is captured. Grian didn't know the details, but he hoped he could help. It turns out their friend helped them escape but got caught trying to help them. Their friend is somewhere in the Drè Castle.

Grian flew over the Drè Castle, lost in thought about the time he spent there. It was.... nice. Then he saw a flash of green and pink down below on the balcony. Curiosity got the best of him and he stooped lower. Making sure he could not be seen or heard, he floated near the balcony.

A familiar voice said, "Hey."

There was silence. Grian snuck a peek at the people and almost gave his spot away by gasping. It's Dream and Technoblade! Its them! What are they doing here? Techno's not in his disguise! What did I miss?!

Grian anxiously flapped his wings and flew away. He'll get more answers soon, hopefully. He will find out everything.

(Line Break)

Pax quietly walked off in while the others were talking. It's easy for them since no one ever really notices them. They hoped Kenzo didn't follow them. Kenzo is always alert and smart. If anyone would notice Pax and follow them, it would be Kenzo. Pax could have just flew away, but they weren't confident with their wings or flying skills.

Pax made sure that no one followed them and breathed a sigh of relief. Birds did not like humans or get along with humans. If someone finds out Pax has been meeting up and communicating with humans, they'll become even more of an outcast than they are now.

Ever since Ranboo freed Pax at the river, Drista has been nagging them. Drista seemed to be really excited about becoming Pax's friend. Pax doesn't like to socialize at all, but they told Drista they will meet up with Drista and Ranboo again. Pax doesn't lie, they don't like to break a promise, so they went.

Pax reached the muddy ground by the river. Drista immediately came over excitedly and smiled, "Hi Pax!"

"Hi." Ranboo waved, also coming over.

Pax said, "H-Hi."

Drista commented, "Woah, these wings are so cool." She looked at Pax's red, yellow, green, and blue wings.

"They are pretty cool." Ranboo agreed.

"Thank you..." Pax said quietly. They didn't really know what to do. They hate socializing with others. They touched their flower crown. The flower crown Pax always wore is a gift from Kenzo. Kenzo is their only friend, so the flower crown is very treasured by Pax.

Ranboo and Drista chatted while Pax is shyly sat on the side, sometimes nodding their head. Pax is not good at talking, but they are a good listener.

"Did you know that Technoblade is caught?" Drista asked her two friends, "He's actually in the Drè Castle right now. My brother let him live."

Ranboo blinked, confused, "Wait, do you mean Crown Prince Technoblade Of The Blade Kingdom?!"

Drista nodded, "Yep."

"Why did King Dream — his majesty — let his enemy live?" Ranboo questioned.

Drista shrugged, "Dunno. My brother can be strange sometimes. I don't really understand him."