Chapter 14 - Lost

This is terrible.

Dream had lost both of his best friends in one day. Grian is missing, and Dave is Technoblade.

Well, if Techno was ever his friend, he had lost him.

Now Dream didn't know what to do.

He can't panic, though, he's a king. Dream has to remain composed and calm. He has to figure out a way to fix this.

He can do this, right?

Deep breaths.

Breathe in...

Breathe out...

Priorities first.

Dream gave his knights an order: Find Technoblade and hunt him down. Bring him to Dream alive. Only a few knights and Dream's honor guards will stay to ensure the castle's safety. The knights may injure Technoblade or knock him out, but make sure his injuries aren't fatal. Dream wasn't sure why, but he wants Techno alive. The knights will place posters of Grian and ask around if they get a chance.

Hopefully the knights can wear Technoblade down. Dream has seen him in action, Techno is a war machine when he wants to be. The knights left in the castle and Dream's honor guard should be enough to defend the castle.

Now, Dream will have a little talk with the L'manburg princes. They brought Technoblade here.

(Line Break)

"That is the reason why we helped Technoblade, your majesty." Wilbur finished explaining to King Dream. Wilbur acted calm on the outside, but he was scared. There was no way they could get out alive if Dream wanted to kill them. They have only 3 guards and a few servants. Wilbur and Tommy wouldn't be able to escape. Wilbur wondered what Dream was thinking. There are so many things that could happen.

Dream sighed, "I understand your reasons for helping Technoblade. I will not harm you...." Wilbur relaxed a tiny bit. "But you are no longer welcome in my kingdom. You may leave the Drè Kingdom, but you may not return. If you do, my guards will kill you. The alliance with L'manburg is over."

Wilbur knew this would happen. They were lucky enough Dream didn't call war on L'manburg and kill Wilbur and Tommy. Wilbur bowed, but it was a meaningless gesture he just did automatically due to his royal manners. Wilbur left the throne room wordlessly towards Tommy's chamber. The alliance is over.

One thing Wilbur didn't understand was why Technoblade failed. He had so much time and so many opportunities. Technoblade is the blood god, he could easily have assassinated Dream. Yet he didn't, he failed. One of the reasons Philza agreed to help Techno was because Phil didn't think Techno would fail. Dream is a good fighter, but Techno is a more fearsome warrior. (Canon. The duel is proof) There shouldn't have been any casualties.

(Line Break)

Technoblade was alone in the woods.

He only had his sword, the Orphan Obliterator, his original crown from the Blade Kingdom, and his clothes. Techno's crown was tucked away in his pocket. (Is it called a pocket?) Techno had his crown with him at all times to remind himself of his goal.

Techno doesn't want to do this. He doesn't want to kill Dream. He's sure now.

What can he do? He was driven out, he doesn't have any supplies on him, and he's tired.

Techno groaned and sat down on the door of a tree. There has to be something he could do.

Actually, maybe he should find food and shelter first. Techno stood up, determined. Years of living on his own and hiding from people gave him lots of survival skills.