Chapter 16 - Problems Arising

This is the hardest chapter to write (to me) out of everything I have ever wrote. Warning: Lot's of information incoming at the end of this chapter.

Also I drew the pic above.

Techno was walking into town with a cape to cover his features that are dead giveaways. There wasn't anything really interesting.

Until he saw the posters.

There were wanted posters of himself all over the place and he didn't mind. He had been expecting them.... but there was another poster.

It's a missing poster of Grian.

Techno's mind raced a mile a minute. He's missing?! What happened to him?! Where could he be?! I need to find him! What if he's in danger?!

Techno stopped himself. When has he ever cared about anything so much? Doesn't matter. Grian is missing. Techno sighed. More problems just keep coming his way. Does he ever get to rest?

(Line Break)

Dream has no idea what to do. Again.

He's settled the wedding problem with Crown Princess Nihachu. Princess Nihachu was relieved. The two talked and found each other pretty interesting, but they would always be just friends. They would never like each other romantically. Dream got many chances to tease her about Wilbur. Then Princess Nihachu set off with her guards back to TwichLand.

That's not the problem Dream is struggling with, though.

Dream has some severe problems at hand: Grian's disappearance, Technoblade being free and on the run once again, and his mother becoming sick.

Yeah, the former queen is sick. Dream is worried sick. His mother was always there for him. After the former king deceased, the queen had taken over all the tasks of a ruler. She's strong, but yet she's been taken down by a severe cold.

Dream never knew his father well, since he died when Dream was just 6 years old, but Dream's mother was important to him. Throughout Dream's entire childhood his mother was his greatest comfort and idol. He couldn't believe the news when he first heard them because he always saw his mother as a strong figure who could never fall to anything.

The same was for Drista. Drista stopped being the fun and strong sister Dream knew. She's become the worried and sad princess who sulked and didn't show interest in much things. Her appetite had shrunken and so did Dream's.

The worst is, Drista can show sadness and become weak, but Dream can't. He's a ruler. He can't be weak. If he's weak, the whole Drè Kingdom becomes weak. Dream can't grieve for a long time or change his schedule, unlike Drista.

Now Dream understands why his mother wanted to stop being a ruler so badly. Being a ruler has crazy responsibilities. Dream wondered how his mother can deal with this. He used to want to be a ruler so badly because it meant that he could take charge instead of following rules all the time. But now, not so much.

If only Dream could just get away and relax with his friends like the old times. Nope, not possible. He's a ruler now.

He's starting to hate that sentence.

Dream pranced around the room, muttering to himself, "This is bad.... gotta find cure....."

Dream sighed and stopped. He walked out of the throne room and moved towards his mother's chambers. The servants and knights bowed to him when he passed but he paid them no attention.

Dream quietly opened the door to his mother's chambers. The curtains were closed. His mother lied on her bed sleeping. Her figure was pale and thin.